Boat name: Charlie Brown
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 275 Verado
MMSI: 235069179
Send a message via MSN to Zippy
Stingher 800 GT

Afternoon,

Does anyone have any first hand experience of these boats? ride quality, build quality, general finish and useability.

Seems to get pretty good reviews from Rib International but would appreciate peoples views, especially if they have used or own one.

Many thanks
Zippy
Old 08 February 2010, 16:46   #2
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Engine: 300hp plus
They have a great reputation, put together well and excellent ride. Uk dealer located at Southampton Dry Stack always available for tests and help. (Hope I havent insulted Ed at MRL calling him main dealer)
http://www.mrl-uk.com/testimonials.htm
Old 08 February 2010, 17:03   #3

Town: Guernsey
Boat name: Monkey Nutz
Make: Cougar R8 Sport
Engine: 350Sci Verado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
Afternoon,

Does anyone have any first hand experience of these boats? ride quality, build quality, general finish and useability.

Seems to get pretty good reviews from Rib International but would appreciate peoples views, especially if they have used or own one.

Many thanks
Zippy
Good boats, a mate of mine has one with a 350 verado. Nice and quick..The only issue i would have is the seating is a bit iffy, loads of room though..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	poker run 008 [1024x768].jpg
Views:	321
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	49073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Poker Run 014 [1024x768].jpg
Views:	482
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	49074  
Old 08 February 2010, 17:22   #4

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
Haven't driven one my self, but they have a great rep. Built by an Italian company with years of experience building RIBs. I personally think they look fantastic. Chubby has experience of them (theres a pic of him driving one with a couple of nice looking girls in bikinis on the sun pad in an advert that appears in RIBint) so hopefully he'll be able to comment.
Old 08 February 2010, 18:54   #5

Town: New Forest
thanks for the replies so far!

Tony, agree on the seats, they do look like they are missing some side support but will have a look maybe.

do you have any more pictures of your friends one on the water??

cheers
Old 08 February 2010, 19:02   #6

Quote:

Tony, agree on the seats, they do look like they are missing some side support but will have a look maybe.

do you have any more pictures of your friends one on the water??

cheers
only a few more of the same...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Poker Run 105 [1024x768].jpg
Views:	295
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	49077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Poker Run 130 [1024x768].jpg
Views:	394
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	49078  
Old 08 February 2010, 19:09   #7

many thanks,

MRL have one with twin 175's at the moment which looks an interesting option but need to convince Mrs Zippy on the looks!
Old 08 February 2010, 20:07   #8

Town: Kings Lynn
Boat name: Blow 'N' Away
Make: Coastline
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 175
Quote:

do you have any more pictures?

cheers
2 from the Alderney cruise last June

http://rib.net/forum/attachment.php?...2&d=1246195267

http://rib.net/forum/attachment.php?...0&d=1246334754
Old 08 February 2010, 20:10   #9

Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
RIBase
Zippy
Rib int did a test on it hown on their Tv channel.
Hope that helps
J
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 February 2010, 08:58   #10

Thanks All,

Have seen the Rib international review but not had chance to view with sound yet! maybe try tonight.

They seem to ride with a high bow which should mean a dry ride (as some people have suggested)
Old 09 February 2010, 23:23   #11

Town: Southampton
Make: Stingher & Redbay
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Thanks All,

Have seen the Rib international review but not had chance to view with sound yet! maybe try tonight.

They seem to ride with a high bow which should mean a dry ride (as some people have suggested)
Hi Zippy

I am the sole importer of Stingher for the UK, based as you probably have gathered by now at the Dry Stack in Southampton.

I am not replying to give the boats a big sales pitch as the only true way of finding out what a Rib is like is to try it. However it seems that the Stingher range are often thought to only offer a leaning helm seat, which is untrue.

That is the standard seat from the factory, which is supplied as a GRP pod which is bolted and sikkaflexed into place.

However we can and have fitted a multitude of seats to our range of Ribs. On the 800Gt you could have jockey seats, either single or double, drop out bolster seats, electric bolster seats, a drop out seat with forward upper support (see www.bolsters.com PH2 2 man seats) and also shock mitigation seats such as Ullmans.

So as you can see you only have to ask. Also if you had a certain type of seat in mind then tell me your requirements and we will try to source it for you.

If you would like to try the Stingher 800GT then please call me, I promise it will not disappoint.

Ed MRL www.mrl-uk.com
Old 10 February 2010, 05:23   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdPed View Post
Hi Zippy

I am the sole importer of Stingher for the UK, based as you probably have gathered by now at the Dry Stack in Southampton.

I am not replying to give the boats a big sales pitch as the only true way of finding out what a Rib is like is to try it. However it seems that the Stingher range are often thought to only offer a leaning helm seat, which is untrue.

That is the standard seat from the factory, which is supplied as a GRP pod which is bolted and sikkaflexed into place.

However we can and have fitted a multitude of seats to our range of Ribs. On the 800Gt you could have jockey seats, either single or double, drop out bolster seats, electric bolster seats, a drop out seat with forward upper support (see www.bolsters.com PH2 2 man seats) and also shock mitigation seats such as Ullmans.

So as you can see you only have to ask. Also if you had a certain type of seat in mind then tell me your requirements and we will try to source it for you.

If you would like to try the Stingher 800GT then please call me, I promise it will not disappoint.

Ed MRL www.mrl-uk.com
Perfect.....
Old 10 February 2010, 07:40   #13

Thanks Ed,

Your honesty is appreciated and i am talking with you on e mail about the one mentioned in this thread.

By the same token, i dont want to be seen as a joy rider. i want to get my requirements sorted first before we go down the road of requesting sea trials and putting people out! I appreciate there is a cost associated with it and i am sure there is nothing more frustrating than "buyers" who are out for a quick trip on a boat!!

As mentioned, we are looking at a few styles of boats at the moment and suspect if we can get to ribex and make outselves known as serious buyers, it would be the best time to compare like with like!

it appears the decision has been made now that we will be having a boat this year rather than next as originally planned. in the past i have been guilty of buying and selling on impulese which is something i want to try and avoid this time!!

Cheers
Howard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdPed View Post
Hi Zippy

Ed MRL www.mrl-uk.com