Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 05 June 2007, 12:38   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: PORTSMOUTH
Make: Avon 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 60FE -
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,838
my mates were always really impressed with the acceleration of the sr4 even with the flooding hull, and ability to tunr on a six pence safely! top end is definitely a test on how big and brave your balls are! again depending on what prop you have, once upon a time I was swinging a 19incher!! treat it with respect tho you know what im saying
__________________

__________________
------------------------------
http://www.ollysrib.741.com
ollyit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 June 2007, 18:14   #12
RIBnet supporter
 
MustRib's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newcastle
Boat name: Merlin
Make: RB4 Gemini 550
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 90C
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,048
more detail?

I have seen several 4m Avons for sale...can anyone post a potted history so that I can tell what I am buying as I am quite interested in buying one.
For example...I have seen some with extra rubbing strake...
Do all 4m Avons have flooding hulls?
Can you convert (has anyone tried it) one of the 4m craft with the bow spray dodger, small windscreen and sit down seats into a centre console model? A lot of the 4m Avons I see advertised have v tired or patched tubes.
Is tube replacement easy? or expensive?
so many questions....!
andy
__________________
MustRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 June 2007, 18:20   #13
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustRib View Post
I have seen several 4m Avons for sale...can anyone post a potted history so that I can tell what I am buying as I am quite interested in buying one.
For example...I have seen some with extra rubbing strake...
Do all 4m Avons have flooding hulls?
Seariders do. Avon make other 4m ribs too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustRib View Post
Can you convert (has anyone tried it) one of the 4m craft with the bow spray dodger, small windscreen and sit down seats into a centre console model?
YEs-the one I sold a few weeks ago I converted myself-see here. Make sure you price it up before attempting it-it can be expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustRib View Post
A lot of the 4m Avons I see advertised have v tired or patched tubes.
Is tube replacement easy? or expensive?
It can be expensive-but seariders with buggered tubes are cheap. They aren't if the tubes are good. Patches aren't a problem as long as they are properly applied, the right material and the general tube condition is good.
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.