Accomodation Options for the SOC send off: Part one.
I know some of you are sorted, others are being sorted, the rest thinking about getting sorted.
1. AP has mentioned there are 4 beds on the SOC! See AP
(not sure how serious that was, not even sure where the crew are staying - Alan P - where you staying?
2. Pride of Bristol - via Jools or myself. Still 7 berths left to date, as far as I am aware. £25.00 inc Breakfast (or see thread) She will only be in Cardiff for the Sat night...so if you were looking at staying longer, will mean moving or alternatives. Looks like the POB will be based in the Penarth Marina, but I have sorted out that the waterbus will run a later service between the Waterguard pub on Sat night and the Marina! so, no problems getting back and Jools, your tender skipper can take the night off.
3. My house - some beds, some sofas, plenty of matresses, air beds. FOC. Pretty much in walking distance for everything that w/end.Well, about 20 mintes for party send off and Marina
4. B & B - The Rock House.One choice. Not too far from Penarth Marina, but on opposite side to where pub and send off will be
See website www.rockhouse-penarth.co.uk.
They only have three double rooms so quite cosy and it could be occupied by all Ribsters. Full vacancy for the whole week-end at the moment.
One room with en-suite £45.00 / night. Second dbl with room to bathroom £40.00/night; third dbl room where bathroom is via hallway and you share bathroom of second bedroom occupants is £25.00/ night. All include with breakfast. So, second and third bedroom occupants share a bathroom. I will be calling other B7B's but this one is the closest to the Marina, but a bit further away from Pub, but bear in mind, waterbus will run service as far as marina anyway sat night. Other options will be on the Cardiff side, but closer to town, thus further away from the Bay.
5. Hotels. Cardiff has more hotels than you could shake a bedsheet at.
5* St David's Hotel and Spa - if you want to go all out. £145.00/ single and £151.00 /double inc b/fast. Right on the bay and pretty central for the whole week-end. Every room has a balcony and views of the Bay.
2-3* Holiday Inn Express, Schooner Way. I think someone was asking about this one. £60.00/room/night. about 25-30 minutes walk from the Bay and the Sat pub and week-end activities. Again, not on the side of the Marina.(where your boat will be)
Will give you more options. I think people need to decide what luxury they will need, how important the partying is and proximity to it all.I have listed options in a sort of order to keep people together in groups, and with the SOC send off in mind. Obviously the hotels are a price thing.
I hope the above info helps. Will add more or if prices change - trying to get the group rate for the Holiday Inn Express - the woman is back tomorrow.
Personally, difficult to say as I do not know you lot and what type of creatures of compfort you are.
Let me know if I can help or advise.