Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakelandterrier View Post
No, Mr Poly, I haven't made my mind up at all, and there have been, as always, some interesting thoughts expressed.

I've spent 10 years lugging a 51 can - not tank - of fuel around inthe console "just in case" and I was wondering "just in case of what"! as it wouldn't resolve a fuel contamination problem, and I've never run below than a 25% tank.

It is if nothing else piece of mind, and it is something to add before you think you migh run out.

Think I 'll continue to carry it
Personally I'm with you on this P for plenty you've spent 10 years carrying it for good reason in my opinion and for all sorts of reasons extra fuel could be needed at any time all I would say is have it so your spare fuel can be connected quickly without any decanting.
For fuel contamination good filters and empty the tank as part of the maintenance to remove any contaminants periodically should keep you right after all that's all you do with your vehicle ( not empty the tank)
Old 23 October 2016, 10:49   #22

Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starovich View Post
You can always jury rig the fuel line from the front of the engine directly into the can.
You mean I can unscrew the black cap on my green 5L can.

Disconnect the fuel line on my red 30L tank and dunk this directly into the green can and prime? And hold it in place in the green can with some form of rag or something wedged into the top of the can?

Is the end of the fuel line not fitted with some form of ball valve that is only released when connected to the fitting on the tank top?
Old 23 October 2016, 10:53   #23
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyShoe View Post
Is the end of the fuel line not fitted with some form of ball valve that is only released when connected to the fitting on the tank top?
"Then cut it, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry,
Then cut it, dear Henry, dear Henry, cut it.

With what shall I cut it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
With what shall I cut it, dear Liza, with what?"

Old 23 October 2016, 13:10   #24

Town: Southampton
Make: Ballistic
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyShoe View Post
You mean I can unscrew the black cap on my green 5L can.

Disconnect the fuel line on my red 30L tank and dunk this directly into the green can and prime? And hold it in place in the green can with some form of rag or something wedged into the top of the can?

Well the alternative to finding some sort of solution is staying exactly where you are. Its your call.
Old 24 October 2016, 10:40   #25

Town: Donegal Bay
Make: ribtec
Length: 6m +
Engine: outboard 200hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellhouse View Post
something like this, easy to remove and fill up away from the rib and connect up with quick release and a couple of switch over levers coming off your fuel filter for switch over on the move. There are cheaper ones than the links and smaller tanks but easy to use especially the tohatsu fittings

NEW REPLACEMENT EVINRUDE JOHNSON 22.7 L Fuel Tank Petrol Boat Outboard Motor 5 G | eBay
ORIGINAL OMC Johnson Evinrude Outboard Motor Engine Fuel Line + Connectors 2.5 m | eBay
Hi
I am looking for a three way tap much the same as this but it would be much better if the connection would come in from the bottom instead of the front. That way all the pipes could be clipped neatly to the transom.
Old 24 October 2016, 13:22   #26

Town: Chesterfield
Boat name: Sea Quell
Make: Picton Cobra
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 4 Stroke
MMSI: 235038298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribtec1 View Post
Hi
I am looking for a three way tap much the same as this but it would be much better if the connection would come in from the bottom instead of the front. That way all the pipes could be clipped neatly to the transom.
Something like this ?

https://www.seascrew.com/browse.cfm?...R&l=0000000767

Hosetails are extra

Edit ::: have just seen the photo Wellhouse posted. This is the same and in fact, mounted on the transom with the lever outwards, it will have the ports aligned as you want.
Old 27 October 2016, 17:16   #27

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
https://rotopax.com/

might be of interest if stowing a spare can is an issue sold in the UK if you google