Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 10 June 2013, 16:41   #51
Member
 
Country: Belgium
Town: hallaar
Boat name: Bliksem
Make: ribquest
Length: 6m +
Engine: outboard
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
After some hot discussions and taking under account the comments / ideas on the forum over the weekend this is the outcome and tomorrow I will confirm the order to the factory for:

Parker 750 RS with Verado 250
Hull Ruby Red, RAL 3003
Deck / anchor locker / engine well Cream , RAL 9001
Pods Cream, RAL 9001
Patrol Console Cream, RAL 9001
Upholstery close to Ruby Red with Cream piping
Tube : ORCA Antracite 866 with two stripes of flat rubbing strake in black
external lifeline and 3x non-slip patches on the top per side in the boarding area only. These are the Parker special ones in black . I may consider internal lifeline from console right up to Samson post as this is a good safety feature

Natural teak deck

Samson post
A Frame c/w Nav lights

Lowrance VHF radio LVR-250
Lowrance HDS-10 Chartplotter / sounder
Compass
Echomax radar reflector MIDI 230

What do you think?
Natural teak deck???
Any good reason to use real teak? expensive,hard to maintain, expensive and heavy....
why not use Flexiteak: all plusses and no minusses (even environmental a plus i guess)
hy >Lowrance when Garmin and Raymarine are leading the business??

a very nice combination in colors i think especially in combination with the teak wow i would to see (and sea trial) that one.......
Good taste you have Andre......

would really like to know the price for this one (or is that not done)

good luck with the sales anyway. I heard already good things about you so you deserve to have succes....
__________________

__________________
bliksem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2013, 16:51   #52
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,457
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by bliksem View Post
Natural teak deck???
Any good reason to use real teak? expensive,hard to maintain, expensive and heavy....
why not use Flexiteak: all plusses and no minusses (even environmental a plus i guess)
hy >Lowrance when Garmin and Raymarine are leading the business??

a very nice combination in colors i think especially in combination with the teak wow i would to see (and sea trial) that one.......
Good taste you have Andre......

would really like to know the price for this one (or is that not done)

good luck with the sales anyway. I heard already good things about you so you deserve to have succes....
I am told that natural teak is easier to lay down. A lot of our hard boats are fitted with it. I will have time to either cancel or go flexiteak.

Looking at the berthing layout at SBS I believe I won't be locked in so no problems to sea trial during the show. As for Lowrance well we are the distributor for that brand so for a stock rib we will only install Simrad or Lowrance
thanks for your kind words.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2013, 16:54   #53
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,457
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.moody View Post
It sounds a great colour combination. What max HP is the 750RS hull rated to?

Chris, rated for 300 HP but 250 is more than enough
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2013, 09:49   #54
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,457
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Having thought about it and discussed it I have changed the specification from natural teak to flexiteak. The main reason is less maintenance for the future owner
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2013, 12:36   #55
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,457
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Having thought about it and discussed it I have changed the specification from natural teak to flexiteak. The main reason is less maintenance for the future owner
No flexiteak either as the factory is on a 2 week holiday shut down from Monday so there will be no time to fit it. As we have a moulded deck the finish will still be very good

Mid August I will start posting photos taken during the build time.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2013, 18:00   #56
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,457
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
i visited the factory on my way to Gdynia Boat Show to see the progress of the Parker 750 RS for SBS. The factory is on the annual shutdown so no work was being done during my visit. The hull deck, console and seats have been produced. The tube has also been finished. Here are a few shots and more will follow when more work has been done and she begins to look like a rib.

the engine the Mercury Verado 250 has already been received

Hopefully the factory will meet the deadline
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040755.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	84227   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040756.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	84228   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040758.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	84229  
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2013, 05:16   #57
Member
 
boristhebold's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 7m +
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,293
Sounds a nice spec, glad your going with flexi teak. If you cant get it done before the show why not 'partner' with a company here and get them to do it at the show , could be a good PR bit for both companies, get them to cut and lay it at the show, time lapse video etc. I expect they might even do it for free for the PR and interest angle. If interested try contacting the following; they did a great job on my rib and are a great bunch.

Permateek Synthetic Decking

leigh@permateek.com

01202 929098
Permateek International Ltd
Building 267a, Aviation Way
Aviation Business Park
Bournemouth International Airport
Dorset
BH23 6NW
__________________
boristhebold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2013, 17:42   #58
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,457
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by boristhebold View Post
Sounds a nice spec, glad your going with flexi teak. If you cant get it done before the show why not 'partner' with a company here and get them to do it at the show , could be a good PR bit for both companies, get them to cut and lay it at the show, time lapse video etc. I expect they might even do it for free for the PR and interest angle. If interested try contacting the following; they did a great job on my rib and are a great bunch.

Permateek Synthetic Decking

leigh@permateek.com

01202 929098
Permateek International Ltd
Building 267a, Aviation Way
Aviation Business Park
Bournemouth International Airport
Dorset
BH23 6NW
Thanks for the tip. I will call them next week as I am at the Gdynia Boat Show at the moment. The weather is great for a show on the water
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2013, 05:39   #59
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,272
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
I must say from my Limited exposure I do like the look of the Parker RIB's I've seen! They look like proper no-nonsence Sea Going Boats!
Everyone can put their favourite Colour Combo's layouts/engine forward..(I like Black!) but to me,and it doesn't matter what you choose to Bring... the best way to show it is to Get it on the Water!...for some Demo's! You can still see all the good stuff....AND let prospective buyers get some 'Hands on'...that's what sells em!
__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2013, 17:10   #60
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,457
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
I must say from my Limited exposure I do like the look of the Parker RIB's I've seen! They look like proper no-nonsence Sea Going Boats!
Everyone can put their favourite Colour Combo's layouts/engine forward..(I like Black!) but to me,and it doesn't matter what you choose to Bring... the best way to show it is to Get it on the Water!...for some Demo's! You can still see all the good stuff....AND let prospective buyers get some 'Hands on'...that's what sells em!

You are correct and many thanks for your kind words about Parker Ribs. We will be on the hard in Solent Park but i will be taking the rib out into the Solent after the show and hopefully will have some demos. So if anybody is out there thinking about testing / buying a 7.5 mtr outboard rib - look no further and you will not be disappointed.

Can't tell you the price yet but will once the rib has been shipped and i get the invoice
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.