Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 04 August 2019, 11:05   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 6m +
Engine: 225
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 21
South coast storage and launching recommendations

Hi all, collect my new boat next week after a couple years off the water. I'll be keeping my boat in Devon for the remainder of this year, but thinking next year may move to the south coast, Poole, Solent etc. for a change in scenery.

Can you let me know any recommendations for boat yards and/or dry stack?

I normally launch and recover myself, but also looking at dry stack options to try for the year.

Boat is 6.5m on trailer, I don't want to leave in the water as don't want to start anti fouling.

I've had a quote for swanick and gosport dry stack, but would welcome other recommendations.
__________________

__________________
Bjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 August 2019, 11:43   #2
RIBnet supporter
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brixham
Boat name: Jazz
Make: XS
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 52
Southampton Dry Stack, just found the corner from Swanick. Not as posh but a lot friendlier and cheaper. I was there for while before moving to Devon recently. There's a few guys on here that have been there for a while now.
__________________
36valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 August 2019, 12:04   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Derby
Boat name: Jean-Marie
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: Mercury 300
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 42
SDS
__________________
Iain Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 August 2019, 12:15   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 6m +
Engine: 225
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 36valley View Post
Southampton Dry Stack, just found the corner from Swanick. Not as posh but a lot friendlier and cheaper. I was there for while before moving to Devon recently. There's a few guys on here that have been there for a while now.
Thanks. I'll get a quote
__________________
Bjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 August 2019, 12:34   #5
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,814
RIBase
Driver's Wharf is worth a chat to as well-boat stays on the trailer when not in use and is launched by crane. Separate storage and launch fees. Very spit and sawdust, but really nice people there.

For my Ballistic 7.8 it worked out significantly cheaper there than in SDS if I didn't use it every week-and there's a bloody good outboard guy just outside the gate.
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 August 2019, 13:53   #6
Member
 
Simonh66's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Gecko
Make: Valiant
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115 Optimax
MMSI: 235060442
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 132
RIBase
Try Universal on the Hamble. SDS is 1/2 Hour from the Solent
__________________
Simonh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 August 2019, 05:48   #7
Member
 
Wightdiver's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Boat name: Red Dog
Make: Porters Renegade
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 HP Yamaha
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjohnson View Post
Hi all, collect my new boat next week after a couple years off the water. I'll be keeping my boat in Devon for the remainder of this year, but thinking next year may move to the south coast, Poole, Solent etc. for a change in scenery.

Can you let me know any recommendations for boat yards and/or dry stack?

I normally launch and recover myself, but also looking at dry stack options to try for the year.

Boat is 6.5m on trailer, I don't want to leave in the water as don't want to start anti fouling.

I've had a quote for swanick and gosport dry stack, but would welcome other recommendations.
I am in Eastlands boat yard on the Hamble River, good slip, its tidal but there are pontoons so you can launch when convenient and leave it in the water.

Andy
__________________
Wightdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 August 2019, 02:17   #8
Trade member
 
Dry Run's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: portsmouth
Boat name: Hullabaloo
Make: Humber
Length: 8m +
Engine: 225 Optimax
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 728
RIBase
For comparison, annual cost for unlimited launch and recovery here at KB Dry Stack at the entrance to Portsmouth Harbour is £3,120 (inc vat).
__________________
You get what you settle for!
Dry Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2019, 07:20   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 6m +
Engine: 225
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 21
thanks for the replies. i got quotes from a variety of locations and visited SDS early this week.
They were incredibly helpful and engaging with reasonable pricing, so i'll probably be taking the boat there. Just need to make a decision on timing and whether to move boat next month or wait until later in the year/early 2020.
__________________
Bjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2019, 01:24   #10
Member
 
Simonh66's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Gecko
Make: Valiant
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115 Optimax
MMSI: 235060442
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 132
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjohnson View Post
thanks for the replies. i got quotes from a variety of locations and visited SDS early this week.
They were incredibly helpful and engaging with reasonable pricing, so i'll probably be taking the boat there. Just need to make a decision on timing and whether to move boat next month or wait until later in the year/early 2020.
They are a good bunch but remember there are no facilities as such & itís a half hour Motor just to reach Southampton Water.
We were going to use them but got the same deal from Universal. I could be in Cowes before you have reached SWater
__________________

__________________
Simonh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.