Old 14 February 2005, 14:51   #21

Town: Lochgelly
Boat name: Purrdy
Make: Northcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 135hp ob
MMSI: 235029446
Thanks Brian.
However the boat is not kept at my address and if Sainsburys want to send a hit team round, they have my address anyway.
In addition I am new to the forums and have as yet failed to work out how to edit a post.
However if any Ribnet people wish to visit I have no problems as yet with that
All other people will discover that I have DOGS and am just in reciept of a new speargun for eco friendly fishing.
See Bond movies for what a speargun can do to people not wanted on site.

Old 14 February 2005, 15:07   #22

Length: 8m +
Send a message via AIM to richie
re filling stations

I know that our local lifeboat crew have to go to the filling station with 5 litre plastic containers to fill their atlantic 75.It seems silly but i think that is the way the RNLI want it done,If it is for legal reasons or not i do not know.As far as I know they can not even fill 20 litre containers.I know they are not going to put the lifeboat on the trailer every time to fill the tanks but they should at least be able to fill from 20 litre containers.Does anyone know if this sounds even half right or not?.As for me I know i'd be pretty pis### off if my petrol station told me I couldn't fill my boat from the pumps.

Old 14 February 2005, 16:32   #23

Town: Ipswich
Boat name: Obsession
Make: ORKNEY PILOTHOUSE 20
Length: 6m +
Engine: SUZUKI 70
MMSI: 235024496
Had a similar experience at Sainsburys,went in to fill up 3x 20ltr petrol tanks and they told me I was only allowed to fill two of them,they told me it was against the law because of the fire hazard.when I sent my son to another pump with the third tank they said you'll have to carry off the forecourt and put it in your car away from the petrol station.I think it was something to do with Jobsworth.
Old 15 February 2005, 04:48   #24
ADS

Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
I am lucky enough to be able to keep the RIB at home, so when i go to get petrol I just go in the car. At the Total gargage near me, they are not keen on filling plastic containers, but I just put my 2x 25 litres on the floor behind the car and fill them up there and put them straight in the boot. The assistant can't see from the window and she thinks I am filling up the car! It fails to cross her mind that I ve have just put 50 litres of unleaded into a diesel

Alex
Old 15 February 2005, 04:49   #25

Town: Manchester - Abersoc
Boat name: MeMe
Make: SeaPro 595CC
Engine: Mercury 115 4S
Send a message via MSN to MeMe
Nyarla, that's a super.........

.......letter. Well posed. Please keep us informed. I would expect a decent reply from Sainsburys - should prove interesting.
Old 15 February 2005, 08:22   #26

Town: Whitstable
Boat name: Tango
Make: Avon and Narwhal2.4m
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60HP Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMe
.......letter. Well posed. Please keep us informed. I would expect a decent reply from Sainsburys - should prove interesting.
No Sainsburys usual response is to send out vouchers and maybe a letter of appology, try complaining at the customer services desk that the joint of meat you had for Sunday dinner yesterday was as tough as old boots, show them the reciept for it and they will either refund the money or give you vouchers without question, trust me i know this happens if you wana know how i know PM me
Old 15 February 2005, 08:59   #27

Town: Manchester - Abersoc
Boat name: MeMe
Make: SeaPro 595CC
Engine: Mercury 115 4S
Send a message via MSN to MeMe
I know, I complained once about.......

..some flowers lasting no more than a few days. I only made the comment in passing to the girl on the check out and she told me to complain to Customer Services. For the hell of it I did and she gave me 3 big boquets free of charge - no reciept - no forms, just here you go, have a nice day.

Last night I wen to B&Q to buy a wallpaper pasting table (7.50), anyway, when I got to the counter I noticed some of the staples holding the board in place had popped out - no big deal - bash em back with a hammer. Anyway, the girl said, oh dear, hold on a minute and she buzzed her line manager who came over and said - would 2.50 be ok ? 3 bashes later and it was as good as new - unbelievable !!!!!
Old 15 February 2005, 09:21   #28

Town: Port St Mary
Boat name: No room for a name
Make: Honwave 2.7 ie
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda 5
No problems here in the Isle of Man with fueling up, many of the garages stock red diesel (and our red is just normal road derv with dye added if it is Shell ) You could fill a shopping bag with petrol if it would hold the fuel. Seems like mobile phones have no effect here either, I have seen phone calls made at the same time as the tank is filled. and more than once. If you hear a big bang it is only the IOM going in to orbit.

Must go and fill this cardboard box with petrol for the lawn mower. I may put the cig out this time
Old 15 February 2005, 13:18   #29

Town: Herne Bay
Boat name: Rotary Rescue
Make: Pacific 22
Engine: Mermaid 160
MMSI: 235021725
Filling up

We filled Mikes new boat up today to callibrate guages, just under 400 litres from Texaco, no probs except the dent in mike bank account.
Paul
Old 15 February 2005, 15:57   #30

Town: Crosshaven
Boat name: erm..Miss Betty
Make: Souter/Avon/ILC!
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2*75hp Yamaha
Irish petrol regs

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie
I know that our local lifeboat crew have to go to the filling station with 5 litre plastic containers to fill their atlantic 75.
Can't speak for Sainsbury-land but allowed 300L max in one storage location in 10L steel cans only. No filling dodgy milk cartons, former plastic chemical drums, etc. So your comment above is probably based on green, steel 10L cans used by the crew - as required by RNLI to comply with regs. As you mentioned - A75 is not going to be rolled from station to garage...and all the crew are doing is replenishing stores as station holds a number of cans of fuel anyway. Boat is refuelled ex jerry cans which themselves are topped up later.

Filling fixed tanks is OK.

Cheers

RR.

(PS - Richie - pm me with your location!)