Old 06 October 2005, 05:09   #11
Town: Whitstable
Boat name: Tango
Make: Avon and Narwhal2.4m
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60HP Yamaha
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
I think searider 4.7 are the best boat in de joking!

They rarely appear on the secondhand market because people only let them go in moments of stupidity ( like I did)

I don't know the difference between the deluxe hull and the SR can you tell me what seating arrangements you have?

Engine only one engine to comsider a three pot two stroke yammie, 70 is ideal 60 is cool and possibly an 80, but a 70 if you can get it. Its a stunning package and I got 37 Knots out of mine with two big ( well heavy) guys on it

as aked before do you have a flooding hull are there two nostrils in the fromt and a big hole at the back

re the Chine walking you can drive through it, It just takes alittle while to feel the wheel as it where ( and thats about four trips so don't be impatient)

camn you paost a picture of what you have ( the boat that is)

I am, typing this from the bridge of the Maersk Asserter a 10,000 tom Class a supply boat and its a bit rough at the moment. I just got knocked out of my chair and on to the a rogue wave looks like a good sea for a searideer
Rogue ......You is the man !

Have a 60hp 4 stroke Yamie on the back of a 4.7 which gets me 34 knots with two heavy dudes aboard and 55 litres of juice, on a good day, with the wind behind me and no tide running !

2 stroke or 4 stroke ? your choice

Bilge Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 October 2005, 15:40   #12
Town: Flensburg
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki DT75 ?
Hello Rogue Wave-
thanks for your answers! Like I said: I`ve got me a 75hp Suzuki but right now a buddy wants me to swap it against his 65hp Suzi! They differ about 20kg in weight, might be worth thinking this over? The 75hp weighs 135kg but it also has 300ccm more, so it should develop much more torque which will give me better holeshot though....... hard decision.
The hull of my Deluxe looks very much like the common Searider hull, it has the flooding chamber and also those two nostrils in the bow section. This wekend I`ve re-opened all those threaded inserts and re-cut them. I`ve learned that I also have the matching threads for a jockey-console, not only the ones for those back-to-back bucket seats which were once installed. This leads to my next question:
I know that a jockey will give me much better control than the forward seating position in some regular seats. But if I ever shall convert this boat I want to do it right- the problem here is the covered bow. Has anybody in here any experience in removing this cover? I don`t want to simply cut it away, I also want to remove any glue rests or what else might still stick to the tubes! If I could get this red cover off the boat in a good way I`d go for a jockey, but I don`t want to destroy the clean look of the boat....
I`ve added some pictures, just put the boat on it`s new trailer- it sit`s very high on it due to the enormous "V" this little RIB has.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	searider2kl.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	14844   Click image for larger version

Name:	searider3kl.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	14845  

ribfreak is offline   Reply With Quote