Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 12 November 2014, 09:29   #21
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
... however with no ventilation larger storage boxes will get some damp in them and this just then makes everything smell musty or go rusty
surely depends if you store them with the lid on / sealed and damp stuff in it?
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2014, 12:20   #22
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,272
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
surely depends if you store them with the lid on / sealed and damp stuff in it?
Yep.
It will only be used for transporting Kit when I'm actually Cruiseing Chris...plus I can soon fit a Consul vent or two,which I had in mind anyway....as it may be used to carry Fuel cans if I do a long one
I think Plastic is the way to go rather than Fibre glass Mate,although I appreciate the offer....more impact resistant when it gets Lumpy!..plus I can bolt it in useing a plate and the Matrix bolts I had fiitted when I spec'd the Boat.
Im looking forward to seeing thier Range of Kit...maybe at the weekend if I can talk the "Peaky Blinder"into a run!?
__________________

__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2014, 14:50   #23
Member
 
Boatnomad's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Zodiac Mk I
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15 hp Yam two stroke
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 728
First class outfit, have one of their 64ltr kegs, made very strong
Good post service also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	#64ltr.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	100780  
__________________
Boatnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2014, 02:46   #24
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,595
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Yep.
It will only be used for transporting Kit when I'm actually Cruiseing Chris...plus I can soon fit a Consul vent or two,which I had in mind anyway....as it may be used to carry Fuel cans if I do a long one
I think Plastic is the way to go rather than Fibre glass Mate,although I appreciate the offer....more impact resistant when it gets Lumpy!..plus I can bolt it in useing a plate and the Matrix bolts I had fiitted when I spec'd the Boat.
Im looking forward to seeing thier Range of Kit...maybe at the weekend if I can talk the "Peaky Blinder"into a run!?
These are the closest I can find to our needs Matt. Still a bit on the small side though. About the right width & depth but could do with being a foot higher. Keep looking
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2014, 02:50   #25
Member
 
cjj216's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Lancashire
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Guy View Post
Have used Solent Plastics too. Good stuff. Bought a few of these; certainly big enough and you could definitely sit on them (or in them!).

This would be ideal for me but can't find it on website.
Can anyone assist?
__________________
cjj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2014, 02:56   #26
Member
 
cjj216's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Lancashire
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 123
Think it's possibly the 190ltr one here
http://www.solentplastics.co.uk/big-...litary-trunks/
__________________
cjj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2014, 04:05   #27
Member
 
Trailer Guy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hampshire
Boat name: Altea 2
Make: Narwhal
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90 Mariner
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjj216 View Post
This would be ideal for me but can't find it on website.
Can anyone assist?
Apologies, those that asked, I've been working a lot. IIRC it was this one:
205 Litre XL Heavy Duty Water Resistant Lockable Plastic Storage Box

They do a slightly smaller one, which is quite a bit cheaper, but my customer had particular dims that they were specific about.
Trailer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2014, 04:15   #28
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,595
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Guy View Post
Apologies, those that asked, I've been working a lot. IIRC it was this one:
205 Litre XL Heavy Duty Water Resistant Lockable Plastic Storage Box

They do a slightly smaller one, which is quite a bit cheaper, but my customer had particular dims that they were specific about.
That's the one I linked to, still not big enough though. The footprint is about right, but could do with being taller.
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2014, 04:46   #29
Member
 
Trailer Guy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hampshire
Boat name: Altea 2
Make: Narwhal
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90 Mariner
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 855
Any better?...

Titan 300 Ltr Water Resistant Outside Storage Garden Locker Storage Box
Trailer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2014, 05:00   #30
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,595
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Guy View Post
Size wise, bang on Just needs to be a tad more "industrial" I didn't see that on the website when I had a troll through it, anything else hidden away on there?
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.