Old 06 January 2012, 17:02   #1

Solent and south coast

Hi all, it's that time year again when I like to plan a week away in the summer with my rib. I'd like to take it to south coast around Solent and Poole area, is there anywhere you would recommend? Easy access to water and with places fairly close to visit. I do alot of scuba diving and also like playing with toys like wakeboard and inflatables so somewhere where I can use these too.

Thank you for your time
SJC
Old 06 January 2012, 17:10   #2
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp plus
Here is a starter
http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/solent-c...rea-39456.html
Old 06 January 2012, 17:29   #3

Good reading cheers. From your experience where would you recommend as your favourite?
Old 06 January 2012, 17:42   #4

Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Hi, Last year we rented a house in Cowes on the Isle of Wight owned by Biffer (a member on here) it was late in the season but it was one of the best holidays we have ever been on.

I took the rib over, while the wife and kids took the car over on the ferry. The house is just a few years old and hardly used and it has everything you need.

I kept the rib in a marina just down the road which cost about £44 for the week so taking the rib out was really easy.

We visited most of the island which was great fun and we also did loads of boating too. We took the kids on a mini Jolly to the Folly, met up with other ribnet members and also did the Nacho run twice, including the Needles (or the Noodles as the kids liked to called them).

Cowes is a great place to be and the town centre is really nice with shops, pubs and restaurants too.

The holiday was a 100 times better than any Centreparcs holiday we have been on and we can't wait to go back.

An awesome week away with so much to see you will never do it all in a week! In fact we didn't want to leave