Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 14 March 2009, 12:13   #21
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
I had my eye on that one! Very nice little boat. Be even nicer with my engine on it though
So did I! Was going to down size back to a 4m.
__________________

__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 13:40   #22
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Plymouth
Make: Avon SR4,AX500
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 50 2 Stroke
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
I had my eye on that one! Very nice little boat. Be even nicer with my engine on it though
Tim,

Did you buy that Searider from Brixham, I am sure i have seen it somewhere?

Gibbo
__________________

__________________
gibbo500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 14:17   #23
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
good clean up Gibbo - based on that do you want to come & clean my boat !

Classic boat that should come up really well with a bit of TLC - 'Interesting' job to cover up the hull drain !
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 14:25   #24
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Seashell
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Inboard diesel
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbo500 View Post
Tim,

Did you buy that Searider from Brixham, I am sure i have seen it somewhere?

Gibbo
Yup
__________________
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 15:12   #25
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Plymouth
Make: Avon SR4,AX500
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 50 2 Stroke
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackroady View Post
good clean up Gibbo - based on that do you want to come & clean my boat !

Classic boat that should come up really well with a bit of TLC - 'Interesting' job to cover up the hull drain !
I know some people dont use the flooding hull, and i probably wont but i want to block it off with something tidier that i can still use if required.

Offending fibreglass now removed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P3140002.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	41111  
__________________
gibbo500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 15:49   #26
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
You don't hang about do ya Gibbo
__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 15:56   #27
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Plymouth
Make: Avon SR4,AX500
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 50 2 Stroke
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
You don't hang about do ya Gibbo
No, but i keep getting distracted by bl**dy Ribnet, Ebay, B&O and some other dodgy sites that i can't mention.

My girlfriend wants to join Ribnet as she reckons i would communicate with her more if she did
__________________
gibbo500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 17:37   #28
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbo500 View Post
No, but i keep getting distracted by bl**dy Ribnet, Ebay, B&O and some other dodgy sites that i can't mention.

My girlfriend wants to join Ribnet as she reckons i would communicate with her more if she did
That would be a bad move!
__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 18:14   #29
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbo500 View Post
I know some people dont use the flooding hull, and i probably wont but i want to block it off with something tidier that i can still use if required.

Offending fibreglass now removed.
Try it with the flooding hull open before you make up your mind-you may decide you like the extra stability at rest.

Incidentally, it's the same model as mine was-originally had a bow dodger and side by side seating.
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 18:18   #30
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Try it with the flooding hull open before you make up your mind-you may decide you like the extra stability at rest.

Incidentally, it's the same model as mine was-originally had a bow dodger and side by side seating.
Mine was like that too. Mine had a very wide double jockey console in it. Was to wide to grip with your knee's. Who ever had removed the bow dodger had left a nice line of glue as a reminder.
Come on Gibbo! Thought the rate you where steaming you'd be fitting a VHF by half 10
__________________

__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.