Originally Posted by ShinyShoe
You need to have a flexible calendar. So you need to be able to delay departing either direction or completely cancel depending on the weather. That means you need to be able to flex work commitments to suit (or fly back and then back to retrieve the boat later!) but also may need to be able to flex accommodation arrangements. My biggest concern with this type of trip would be that i'd feel under pressure to return even if conditions weren't optimum...
I am wise enough to no I am dumb !!
What you say makes perfect sense , I have no boating experience but I have plenty in walking and have seen people make impulsive decisions based on ' it should be okay '. A bad decision is often followed by another and things can go wrong quickly .
I would like to think I could do it one day but like you say be prepared to come back on any day in the next 7 .