Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 22 September 2005, 18:02   #1
Member
 
Hugh Jardon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,882
slightly white fading on blue tubes

what is the best way of getting a nice deep rich blue on some hypalon tubes if they are a little lighter in places due to the sun? by the way they were deep blue to start with!!

any ideas ?
__________________

__________________
Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2005, 18:06   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Here we go! " Actually, it's a bit of an old shagger!!" Paint it!! Any old emulsion in the garage? One former keeper..... The SAS!!!!!
__________________

__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2005, 18:09   #3
Member
 
Hugh Jardon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollulnan
Here we go! " Actually, it's a bit of an old shagger!!" Paint it!! Any old emulsion in the garage? One former keeper..... The SAS!!!!!
i was thinking some smart arse might say paint em, should have known it would be u. ;-)
__________________
Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2005, 19:01   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,280
I might be wrong but I think that once the colour has been bleached by the sun - that it - so whilst painting might sound a stupid suggestion - its probably the only way to put the colour back - although i would suggest proper hypalon paint rather than emulsion form the garage.

or glue ware patches over the faded spots.
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2005, 19:04   #5
Member
 
Hugh Jardon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycruse
I might be wrong but I think that once the colour has been bleached by the sun - that it - so whilst painting might sound a stupid suggestion - its probably the only way to put the colour back - although i would suggest proper hypalon paint rather than emulsion form the garage.

or glue ware patches over the faded spots.
so is painting hypalon an option then? wow never knew that, sorry mollers, but sure you were taking the p anyway.....
__________________
Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2005, 19:08   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
Paintng can be an option but it's a one way street!

Have you tried claning with Ribshine or TFR
__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2005, 19:09   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
That's OK Chris . Now, Roy will back me up here. There is a specialist outlet in Cornwall called "Trago Mills". There's one in Falmouth and another in Liskeard. If you go to the Hypalon paint section and as to speak to the Rib advisor, he'll sort out the perfect match and give you heaps of helpfull advice re. application etc . Eh Roy?.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2005, 19:09   #8
Member
 
Hugh Jardon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
Paintng can be an option but it's a one way street!

Have you tried claning with Ribshine or TFR
i cleaned with ribshine from pro marine today and it seemed to clean em up and restore the colour but not sure if it will last very long, what is tfr by the way?
__________________
Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2005, 19:12   #9
Member
 
Hugh Jardon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollulnan
That's OK Chris . Now, Roy will back me up here. There is a specialist outlet in Cornwall called "Trago Mills". There's one in Falmouth and another in Liskeard. If you go to the Hypalon paint section and as to speak to the Rib advisor, he'll sort out the perfect match and give you heaps of helpfull advice re. application etc . Eh Roy?.
i know trago mills very well, one down past exeter as well, will try the ribshine route and leave the paint as a last measure, i expect if you saw them you would say "what on earth are you on about they are fine"
__________________
Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2005, 19:13   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,280
Ive only ever used Vaneziani Gummipaint to tidy up some cone ends and put lettering on hypalon - but in looking for hypalon paint I came accross several places selling paint designed to do the whole boat.

http://www.allinflatables.com/shopping/paint/
__________________

roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.