Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 12 October 2006, 05:50   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Length: no boat
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 332
Silent running

Had a phone call this morning from a friend that does a lot of business in Ireland while he was over there he was treated to a day out on a rib by one of his customers which he described as a fantastic day but the point of the post is the rib was a 8.5 mtr Scorpion with air padded seats and the engine was a 275hp which ran silently no noise from it how is this possible is there such a thing and what is it any help would be much appreciated
__________________

__________________
Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2006, 06:02   #2
RIBnet supporter
 
Nauti Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Wittering
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan View Post
Had a phone call this morning from a friend that does a lot of business in Ireland while he was over there he was treated to a day out on a rib by one of his customers which he described as a fantastic day but the point of the post is the rib was a 8.5 mtr Scorpion with air padded seats and the engine was a 275hp which ran silently no noise from it how is this possible is there such a thing and what is it any help would be much appreciated

Sounds like a Verado 275hp

__________________
richard@kidzrides.co.uk
Mobile: 07885 487777
Nauti Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2006, 06:04   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Lee on the Solent
Boat name: Saintlee
Make: Leeway
Length: 6m +
Engine: Evinrude DI 115
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 325
Or rather it doesn't sound like a Verado, if you see what I mean!!!!

Bet your counting the days Nauti!!!
__________________
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2006, 06:12   #4
RIBnet supporter
 
Nauti Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Wittering
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostboy View Post
Or rather it doesn't sound like a Verado, if you see what I mean!!!!

Bet your counting the days Nauti!!!


Yep really looking forward to it, have not been out on a rib now since end of August so getting withdrawl symptons.
__________________
richard@kidzrides.co.uk
Mobile: 07885 487777
Nauti Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2006, 06:51   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hamble
Length: 9m +
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauti Buoy View Post
Yep really looking forward to it, have not been out on a rib now since end of August so getting withdrawl symptons.
But at least all of your kit will have dried out.
__________________
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!
Dirk Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2006, 07:13   #6
RIBnet supporter
 
Nauti Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Wittering
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
But at least all of your kit will have dried out.

True!!
__________________
richard@kidzrides.co.uk
Mobile: 07885 487777
Nauti Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2006, 07:22   #7
Member
 
qcamel's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newcastle upon Tyne
Boat name: Happy Hours
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300 Verado
MMSI: 235040122
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan View Post
Had a phone call this morning from a friend that does a lot of business in Ireland while he was over there he was treated to a day out on a rib by one of his customers which he described as a fantastic day but the point of the post is the rib was a 8.5 mtr Scorpion with air padded seats and the engine was a 275hp which ran silently no noise from it how is this possible is there such a thing and what is it any help would be much appreciated
Sounds like my new boat that I collect on Monday, hope GJ is not demo'ing in Ireland

Ollie
__________________

__________________
Ollie
qcamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.