View Poll Results: Should there be a legally enforced alcohol limit for leisure boaters?
Yes. Legislation is the way forward. 33 32.04%
Don't mind. I don't drink and boat so it won't affect me. 11 10.68%
No. Things are fine as they are. 59 57.28%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 August 2007, 11:43   #41

Town: Bristol
Make: fletcher arrowbeu
Length: 5m +
Engine: johnson 175
MMSI: 235057234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Fuller View Post
So, legislation that could restrict idiots from driving fast craft while pissed is: "ridiculous". very good!

I hate the nanni state more than most, but you're just talking rubbish when it comes to this particular subject. I hope you, or any of your family never fall victim of this sort of thing....It 'may' just change your mind.
Sorry but thats just a typical stealth pro nanni state view, and if thats hating the nanni state more than most perhaps you should be asking yourself a few questions about who's talking rubbish here? maybe i do talk rubbish sometimes but i'm big enough to admit it and laugh about it unlike some that will go to any measure just to prove or should i say try and prove that they are right and always right.

If all of the rib-net members were split into 2 groups one anti nanni and the other pro it would be easy to pick out which group was which, and i know which group would get the most from a weekend together, life is for living not legislating.

Old 13 August 2007, 11:46   #42

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims Osprey View Post
.... life is for living not legislating.
...as long as some "Piss Head" doesn't kill you first......

Old 13 August 2007, 11:48   #43

Town: Haverfordwest
Boat name: Nenya
Make: Tornado 5.1
Engine: Mercury 60hp
MMSI: 235051491
Quote:
If all of the rib-net members were split into 2 groups one anti nanni and the other pro it would be easy to pick out which group was which, and i know which group would get the most from a weekend together, life is for living not legislating.
What differences do you think you would see Tim? What differences would stand out so you could tell who was who?
Old 13 August 2007, 12:16   #44

Town: Poole
Length: no boat
Quote:
This thread is turning into "Lord of the Flies"

You either with us or against us....
Old 13 August 2007, 12:21   #45
exspyrd trayd membir

Town: inn wiliks hed
Make: Redbay 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: Twin Etec 90hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWildey View Post
This thread is turning into "Lord of the Flies"

You either with us or against us....
iym wiv napowleon de pigg

gaRf
Old 13 August 2007, 12:41   #46

Town: Bristol
Make: fletcher arrowbeu
Engine: johnson 175
MMSI: 235057234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugshot View Post
What differences do you think you would see Tim? What differences would stand out so you could tell who was who?
Hard too explain but you can just tell people apart sometimes, some people just have a hang loose look while others appear to be??? not quite so for want of a better word? and their usually the types that sit there reading the paper with the stiff upper lip quietly agreeing with all this nanni state policy! i'm not saying that all the people from the pro group would look the same or vice versa but on overall average i could just tell which group was which, it would be fairly easy to do, and thats not stereo typing people either thats just how it is.
Old 13 August 2007, 12:51   #47

Town: Portsmouth
Make: Tornado
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha HPDI 200
Send a message via MSN to thorper
Quote:
Hard too explain but you can just tell people apart sometimes, some people just have a hang loose look while others appear to be??? not quite so for want of a better word? and their usually the types that sit there reading the paper with the stiff upper lip quietly agreeing with all this nanni state policy! i'm not saying that all the people from the pro group would look the same or vice versa but on overall average i could just tell which group was which, it would be fairly easy to do, and thats not stereo typing people either thats just how it is.
Rather than generally slagging people off who don't share your point of view Tim, how about answering the questions I posted further up this thread?
thorper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2007, 12:58   #48

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Length: 8m +
Engine: GM Diesels
Quote:

And I fit that group do I?

Fool.

You SO don't know me. go and have a drink and just 'hang' man.

Just out of interest, how old are you?
Old 13 August 2007, 13:03   #49

Town: Haverfordwest
Boat name: Nenya
Make: Tornado 5.1
Engine: Mercury 60hp
MMSI: 235051491
Quote:
Hmmmm, well that seems clear enough.
So a RIBnetter that wants to see some restriction on the amount of beer people can throw down their necks before taking the helm will be more likely to be sitting quietly reading a newspaper (would have thought it would get wet on the rib) maybe wearing slippers and smoking a pipe just to complete the image. Whereas the people that don't want any restictions will be hanging loose, maybe at the bar, laughing and singing for the joy of being alive.
Then when we all set off the paper readers will all put on their life jackets and attach their kill cords, before setting off at sensible non-planing speeds. Whilst the cool crew will stagger onto their RIBs and blast off into the sunset whooping and laughing, cos lifes for living, right?
I hope you can sense the sarcasm in my post Tim, unfortunately I couldn't sense any in yours. Maybe we're going to have to agree to disagree but I cannot understand why legislation whch could prevent some pisshead taking you and your family out is so abhorrent to you. I don't want to have Big Brother contolling my every move and I know you cannot legislate for idiots, but, if the regulations had been in place then three people may not have been hurt off Cowes, wouldn't it be worth it just to have prevented that?
Old 13 August 2007, 13:11   #50

Town: Cowes
Boat name: if only you knew!
Make: n/a
Length: 10m +
Engine: large
Bottom line is.....legislation.... it aint never gonna happen in our lifetimes.. so just drink sensibly - be safe - and have maximus fun when the sun shines - and try to be as professional as you can most of the time -

anyone for pimms...... :-)