Old 24 October 2019, 20:12   #1

Town: Warwick
Boat name: the rib
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard
Shop Manuals

I have purchased a Zodiac Yachliner 380DL (2005) with a 40hp Yanmar (same vintage). As I work my way through both, it would be helpful to have a shop manual, or even a detailed users manual, for wiring diagrams, parts sourcing (haven't looked for the bilge pump, which has just stopped working), etc. I've searched the forum and haven't found anything.

Any thoughts? Zodiac website isn't useful, esp for a hull this old. Would rather not pull the boat apart just to see how everything works.
Old 25 October 2019, 08:07   #2

Length: 7m +
I think you would be lucky to find such a thing, ive never seen one made for any leisure boat unless the owner has made one.

One of those things we all wish the manufacturers would make, probably the reason they dont is things change over time, electronics get changed etc, and some of us painstakingly change core components and wiring because the manufacturers are terrible at cutting corners, for example on my rib the manufacturers sort it would be great to take all the negative leads for everything and put them all attached to a single bolt inside the console. When I did my re-wire I changed this to a proper negative bus bar with cover and all labelled plus other things like a labelled fused positive circuit box etc.

Still it would not take manufacturers much time just to do a basic wiring diagram. We live in hope.
Old 25 October 2019, 18:33   #3

Town: Waterlooville
Boat name: Tickler
Make: Halmatic P22
Length: 6m +
Engine: Inboard Diesel 240HP
MMSI: 235115642
RIBase
Not that it helps the OP, but does the CE / RCD reg's not require an owner's manual?

Obviously this only for newer boats.
Old 25 October 2019, 22:05   #4

Town: Cardiff
Length: no boat
Unlikely one was ever released there may be some service bulletin info or a guide somewhere ask a zodiac dealer or email the factory. SAR craft probably would have the documentation as part of the package but compared to cars and even PWC way behind I would think no Haynes manuals for zodiacs....