Old 15 March 2015, 09:02   #1
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp plus
Shock mitigating flooring

I attach some images of Wolf Shock Mitigating floor we have just had delivered. The top is covered with same as present floor to match in.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByRIB Net1426410012.986054.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	103591Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByRIB Net1426410031.316570.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	103592Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByRIB Net1426410056.542052.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	103593

We tried this with a few operators last December and saw how impact was reduced . We are nothing to do with company but Mike at Wolf Shock Mitigation Systems LTD has opened his new production place near Portsmouth

1st image is the old deck with the sections ready to be laid in place showing depth of each panel.
Old 15 March 2015, 10:12   #2
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
I rather like the look of that. Cost?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2015, 10:16   #3
RIBnet supporter

Circa 3700 with the tek deck top, less if you opt for a normal cover, just wanted the boat to be same look for clients so paid a bit more
Old 15 March 2015, 18:58   #4

Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
So much more cost effective than new shock mit seats. How effective in comparison?
Old 15 March 2015, 19:21   #5
RIBnet supporter

Hi Neil not sure yet. there are some reviews on their website.

I base the purchase on quite a few pros.

1. Overall cost- a ten seat RIB will cost me circa £3000 per suspension seat = £30,000!
2. Each Suspension seat should be adjusted each time for each weight of every passenger- so if they swap seats during the day even more adjustments
3. Every suspension seat I checked out had moving parts, scissor like actions or pistons and it wont be long on a commercial passenger rib before I am sued for an injury, fingers, feet, knees. It will be just a quick slip in waves and someone could be hurt
4. Space is limited/reduced as you add suspension seating
5, Tested we saw a good drop on knocks through the boat, we tried with and without in same conditions by lifting floor and dropping it back down.
6. This method is interchangeable with similar size RIB so I can swap between boats if needed or sold etc.
7. We have found the best method for people is standing over seat pods and using your own knees to take bumps, so on a sus seat standing is waste of seat purchase. Skipper also gets exactly the same feel for the bumps so can judge speed and approach at all times and also remains with the floor to help

Just a personal view having undergone shock mitigation reduction training and then looking at a way forward to ensure I place the right kit on the boat.
I am sure seat manufactures can answer most issues and I like their kit but commercially it is not viable.
We have reviewed this through a RIB safety panel I am involved in and this appears to be the most usable and sensible solution

I will record how it goes soon once I can get feedback from regular customers too
Old 16 March 2015, 15:31   #6

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
I had Wolf Shock Mitigation floor fitted in June 2014 and for sure can confirm it is good stuff but only when standing. As I stand most of the time especially in heavy weather it works for me. For sure worth having.
Old 16 March 2015, 17:44   #7
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2 RIBS View Post
... we tried with and without in same conditions by lifting floor and dropping it back down.
6. This method is interchangeable with similar size RIB so I can swap between boats if needed or sold etc.
Does it just sit in a slot?

Does that make it nickable? I noticed someone suggesting some Sus Seats got nicked.

Is there any risk that if you properly flood the deck (obv. I would never do that) that the panels can lift with the water?
Old 16 March 2015, 18:03   #8

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post

Does that make it nickable? I noticed someone suggesting some Sus Seats got nicked.

Is there any risk that if you properly flood the deck (obv. I would never do that) that the panels can lift with the water?
Yes it is nickable. Mine is in one piece so between console and seats then down the sides of the 2 man jockeys seats and in the middle of the seats. Just right when standing. I do not see the point of covering the whole deck unless somebody is going to stand there. The flooring is made to measure so my flooring will not be suitable for another rib.
Old 16 March 2015, 19:20   #9
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post

Never considered theft- suppose yes can be lifted out but so can everything else aboard as we have seen inc Engines, if they want it they will take it.

Flooded deck I believe the weight is sufficient to stay down and it will clear off my decks in half time allowed under regs, also if I did flood deck, we would have people aboard standing on it