Old 18 April 2013, 16:35   #11

Town: CA
Make: Zodiac RIB-P
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 250
thanks all. Yes, I am talking to the seller, this is their fault, shipper should have refused but I don't think they hold much blame.

Sarcasm is tough to get right in writing. I know what it should look like. I have seen the cages the manufactures ship them in. In one of my less polite rearms to the seller I asked them is this is how Suzuki ship engines to them.

I realize the manufacturer crates are not disposable and get reused and have a significant cost associated with them. that is the other extreme but something in the middle would be "normal" to me.

I'm really most pissed because the engine was perfect for me. it was a higher hours engine and the price was right. Now I don't know if it's damaged but there is no way I can trust it. Also I probably won't get it on my boat for several more months.

Old 06 May 2013, 12:47   #12

Town: CA
Make: Zodiac RIB-P
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 250
UPDATE.

I got it home and on a stand. Not easy moving around a 600lbs engine. An engine hoist worked very well but being a extra long shaft the height was the biggest issue.

I pulled the plugs just to check for oil as they shipped it full of oil and everything looked great, dry cylinders. One wiring harness and shop manual later I had it connected it to my truck's battery, and it fired up immediately on the very first crank!!

At this point I can only assume that it is as promised. It revs up as much as I feel comfortable doing on a stand with a hose.

Now I just need a boat to put it on.....

Jason

Old 06 May 2013, 13:20   #13

Town: Seattle
Boat name: Water Dog
Make: Polaris
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 60hp
Just FYI, "I can't trust this item" will not work with a CC company. They won't refund anything on this basis. There needs to be something physically broken. But looks like it'll all work out in the end anyway as despite the poor packing it arrived undamaged.
Old 06 May 2013, 13:22   #14

Town: Seattle
Boat name: Water Dog
Make: Polaris
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 60hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtalljv View Post
At this point I can only assume that it is as promised. It revs up as much as I feel comfortable doing on a stand with a hose.
Should not be run at all using the flushing port, just with muffs. Personally I would not run it above about 1500rpm without a load.