Engine: 250
And another video here:

Old 26 April 2012, 09:35   #3

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
That’s just plain ugly, to each to their own!
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2012, 09:42   #4

Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Sorry whisper I agree with Nick, I think it's the the windscreen that does it for me, it looks more like a telly stuck on the front.
Old 26 April 2012, 11:06   #5
Dhf

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
Sorry whisper I agree with Nick, I think it's the the windscreen that does it for me, it looks more like a telly stuck on the front.
I must agree with this fella, plus I can't see no fast drain system case she ships one over the bow, However I do like that teak deck and that bench thingy attatched on starboard stern, But that sreen is asking for the proverbial to be taken.
Old 26 April 2012, 11:14   #6

Town: Rostrevor
Boat name: Ricochet
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Twin F115 Yams
MMSI: 235083269
The last time I saw a screen like that was on a Model T Ford
Old 26 April 2012, 11:24   #7

Town: Surrey
Boat name: Fugly & Rokraider 1
Make: Pac 22 & Porter 6.5
Engine: Ford 250 & jet,DT140
Doesn't blow my skirt up either! That screen and the general shape of the hull is pretty ugly. Fitting out looks very smart though.
In the video it doesn't look as though it ever trims out flat once on the plane, it seems to spend its whole time with the bows poking up in the air whilst it is trying to climb over the hump? It just doesn't look right to my eye..
Old 26 April 2012, 11:26   #8

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
BUt remember they are only designed for 'nice' weather / water ...probably never going to see anything like a decent wave ....

Shearwater have also started to make a nice looking 10m cabin number !
Old 26 April 2012, 13:15   #9

Town: Northampton
Make: RibTec
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outbaord mariner 75
EWWW nasty looking RIB in my oppinion. Also doesnt seem to sit right in the water.
and a little small for a inboard. would give it loads of space with a nice outboard. :-)
Old 26 April 2012, 13:43   #10

Town: Somerset
Boat name: Ashling
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Mercury 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hearne View Post
That’s just plain ugly, to each to their own!
The tubes look good though!!!!

www.henshaw.co.uk
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2012, 15:26   #11

Town: hallaar
Boat name: Bliksem
Make: ribquest
Engine: outboard
I saw it and I inspected it at the Shearwater premises: if you like it or not is not the question. It is a nice design that fits the super yacht Wally perfectly. It looks bigger than it is even with the small inboard. The screen is indeed unusual but if you do not think out of the box then we will ever be stuck with the Tornado make and design (not that it is bad)!!!! if you never try out sth new and unusual you will never stand out of the crowd. This type of tender does this perfectly and I presume the owner will be very happy. And the fact there is no outboard is because the big yacht has only diesel onboard thus making it very easy to refuel!!!! And of course you will not use it for a circumnavigation of IOW. But if you head for one of the earth's port or marinas then this rib will catch the eye (and job well done)
Old 26 April 2012, 16:37   #12

Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Firstly I'm probably a little biased as I'm a quite a fan of Shearwater ribs, I like the boats they build and also their values and why not after watching reports like this from the BBC:

I like seeing the boundaries being pushed, and I also like large companies trusting the skills of much smaller ones.

Wally is Super Yacht brand so fair play to the guys at Shearwater if you think the rib looks a little funny then just watch this and you will see that the rib is designed around the larger Wally Yachts.

Old 26 April 2012, 19:01   #13

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
The tubes look good though!!!!
Yes the tubes look good & the build & finish looks great + it is not ment for us anyway unless you have a supper yacht that needs a tender
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2012, 20:13   #14

Where does it fit on the yacht, there doesn't seem to be much space to stow it?

i can see that they have taken some of their design lines from the yacht, but it doesn't really work on the proportions of the RIB. In fairness having watched the videos a couple of times, it has grown on me some, but mostly for the quality look of the build and the details. The screen and hull shape still puts me off.
Old 26 April 2012, 20:52   #15

Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokraider View Post
Where does it fit on the yacht, there doesn't seem to be much space to stow it?
You may have seen in one of the videos that the seats and console folds flat and the lighting pole is removed, I would imagine that a hatch opens from the side of the Yacht and a hydraulic arm fits into where the lighting pole was. The rib is then lifted into the side of the Yacht using a single lift point and the hatch closes... Or something like that, i'm not 100% sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokraider View Post
i can see that they have taken some of their design lines from the yacht, but it doesn't really work on the proportions of the RIB. In fairness having watched the videos a couple of times, it has grown on me some, but mostly for the quality look of the build and the details. The screen and hull shape still puts me off.
The quality for the build is amazing and it is difficult to see in the video what makes it so special. The screen and seats look like they were inspired by a lambretta scooter yet the hole rib looks like it has been well thought out as it looks like nothing has been just bought off the shelf and screwed on.

For me I could forgive the screen but I couldn't get over the shape of the bow, but that's what makes it a Wally.

It was like looking at a concept car of the rib world, so worth a look if you get the opportunity.
Old 29 April 2012, 22:48   #16

Town: I.O.W
Boat name: Danger Donut
Make: 6.0 rib
Engine: Mariner F60efi
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper

You may have seen in one of the videos that the seats and console folds flat and the lighting pole is removed, I would imagine that a hatch opens from the side of the Yacht and a hydraulic arm fits into where the lighting pole was. The rib is then lifted into the side of the Yacht using a single lift point and the hatch closes... Or something like that, i'm not 100% sure.

The quality for the build is amazing and it is difficult to see in the video what makes it so special. The screen and seats look like they were inspired by a lambretta scooter yet the hole rib looks like it has been well thought out as it looks like nothing has been just bought off the shelf and screwed on.

For me I could forgive the screen but I couldn't get over the shape of the bow, but that's what makes it a Wally.

It was like looking at a concept car of the rib world, so worth a look if you get the opportunity.
Thanks for the comments. Realise it is a love it or hate it design not for everyone but built for a purpose . As far as im awair insurers are no longer alowing petrol onto superyachts which charter. Thus the need for a small deisel tenders. Problem is weight as any engine and leg this size is 375 kg, you can't just strap that to a std rib hull it will stand on end. The hull was designed to deal with this problem. We wanted to improve on the jet tender design, the hull is dry and comfortable and does ride cleanly and perform like a rib should. We were asked if we could come up with some ideas for a small deisel tender by Wally. They liked one of them and we progressed to the finish boat you see. It is to be used with the new model Wall Ace (google Wall Ace) it fits into the side of the ship. Folded it is 1.27 high 1000kg single point lift (eye fits into a socket in place of the pole) 37kn ce cat c. 7 persons. Self draining decks. Wally have sold four Ace so we should be building more. We have many other interior designs for the hull.
We are currently working on a new 6.9m model we will call the Shearwater Cutter. We had two clients who wanted a posh modern looking life boat style rib. Should be ready for June.
Old 29 April 2012, 23:00   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
It is to be used with the new model Wall Ace (google Wall Ace) it fits into the side of the ship. Folded it is 1.27 high 1000kg single point lift (eye fits into a socket in place of the pole) 37kn ce cat c. 7 persons. Self draining decks. Wally have sold four Ace so we should be building more. We have many other interior designs for the hull.
I hope you are going to call the RIB Gromit to go with the Wall Ace?