Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 09 March 2010, 02:35   #11
Member
 
biffer's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,848
four blokes, with stretcher and intent, result one engine being stretchered off to probaly eastern europe wihere i would bet there are more yam's than anything else
__________________

__________________
biffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 March 2010, 06:40   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Portishead/Falmouth
Make: Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
Right, I have the facts now... it was 4 engines and 2 bikes. Engines ranged 50-115 I think.

They removed 3 of the 4 bolts and then used the whole engine to lever against the locking bolt. Presumably it must have broken the bolt through the engine bracket.

They carried the engines about 60 yards down the compound, over a ditch, through a barbed wire fence and into a van waiting in the field behind.

Thankfully the damage to the transom only looks superficial, some chips to the gelcoat, a gouge out of the plastic pad on the outside, and the locking bolt has been pulled into the GRP slightly on the inside.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P3090007 (Large).jpg
Views:	192
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	49681   Click image for larger version

Name:	P3090009 (Large).jpg
Views:	159
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	49682  
__________________

__________________
alexm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 March 2010, 06:55   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: manchester
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 132
HI just out of interest as your boat was in a service center are they or there insurance paying up
__________________
BLACKSTORM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 March 2010, 07:09   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Portishead/Falmouth
Make: Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKSTORM View Post
HI just out of interest as your boat was in a service center are they or there insurance paying up
As it stands he has made a claim on his trade insurance and we have notified our insurance, but I guess ultimately it's between the two companies to agree liability?
__________________
alexm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 March 2010, 11:35   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: manchester
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm View Post
As it stands he has made a claim on his trade insurance and we have notified our insurance, but I guess ultimately it's between the two companies to agree liability?
Hopefully you will not lose your no claims then [the scxm bags] and to the people who buy stolen goods
__________________
BLACKSTORM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 March 2010, 13:35   #16
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Near Godalming
Boat name: AJA
Make: Ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha F150AETX
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 558
Very upsetting/annoying for the owner to have that done to his boat - the hassle factor, the cost, the whole thing is massively irritating.

I guess boat yards don't insure boats in their care?
__________________
neilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2010, 11:34   #17
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Portishead/Falmouth
Make: Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilda View Post
I guess boat yards don't insure boats in their care?
They are insured for fire and theft. The service centre has made a claim on their insurance and a loss adjuster is due to visit the site tomorrow. Then I guess we'll see if they'll honour the claim. Our own insurance company has been notified about the incident, but we haven't put in a claim, pending what happens with the service centre's claim.

I have submitted a list of all the items missing/damaged to the service centre to pass onto the loss adjuster.

Has anyone else been through this process before? It would be helpful to hear other people's experiences.

thanks,

Alex
__________________
alexm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2010, 13:24   #18
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bursledon
Boat name: Mustard
Make: Ribeye 785
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha 200/Merc 6
MMSI: 235068693
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
I think the prospect of getting banged up is good motivation to shift them quickly and over seas.
But they don't.

They might get community service.

We are without our boats and outboards and have a huge financial loss and they have to talk to old ladies for three hours!
__________________
Tony
JABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2010, 14:46   #19
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm View Post
Has anyone else been through this process before? It would be helpful to hear other people's experiences.

thanks,

Alex
Alex - sent you a PM re this .Suffice to say if a loss adjuster turns up - try & be there to speak to him .

Pete
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2010, 15:17   #20
Member
 
bradosh's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: manchester
Boat name: rib tickler
Make: ribeye 650s
Length: 6m +
Engine: yami 150
MMSI: 235072416
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm View Post
Right, I have the facts now... it was 4 engines and 2 bikes. Engines ranged 50-115 I think.

They removed 3 of the 4 bolts and then used the whole engine to lever against the locking bolt. Presumably it must have broken the bolt through the engine bracket.

They carried the engines about 60 yards down the compound, over a ditch, through a barbed wire fence and into a van waiting in the field behind.

Thankfully the damage to the transom only looks superficial, some chips to the gelcoat, a gouge out of the plastic pad on the outside, and the locking bolt has been pulled into the GRP slightly on the inside.


ime gutted for you

what do we do now ? fit 2 locking bolts limiting the lever factor.
i was told if the arse holes want it they will even resort to chain sawing the transom either side of the engine mountings letting the engine break off.
__________________

__________________
bradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.