Old 19 January 2007, 19:20   #1

Town: solent
Boat name: wilson
Make: jeanneau merryfisher
Length: 5m +
Engine: suzuki df 70hp
servicing

thinking of changing my rib to a merry fisher so as to be able to overnight, the one im looking at has no trailer and would be kept in port solent/ northerny. is it possible and do you guys have any contacts if it is, for outboard service engineers that can/will service while afloat?
Old 19 January 2007, 22:25   #2

Town: Galway
Boat name: rockhopper
Make: ballistic
Length: 6m +
Engine: petrol
MMSI: TBC
What size merry fisher.

There are loads of these for sale.
Have you seen the Quicksilver 630 from Mercury, lovely boat, pity about the Mercury.
Rinker do a lovely one that I have seen with diesel.

Think of Radar too for over night, many options available, prices differ hugely for different makes.

I would do the same except there are no smelly fish allowed on my boats!!!!!!
Old 19 January 2007, 22:38   #3

Town: Pwllheli-North Wales
Boat name: V-ONE
Make: Highfield
Length: 8m +
Engine: Honda 250hp
Generally you need to bring the boat out of the water to pop the gear box off for the impeller change, however you may find a brave engineer who will take it off while on the pontoon.

Allot of boat yards this way have yard trailers for bringing boats out for servicing etc. Alternatively hoist out at a marina, but this is more expensive.

Abersoch Land & Sea do this up here, I believe they are in Port Solent also now.

Jono
Old 19 January 2007, 23:37   #4

Town: solent
Boat name: wilson
Make: jeanneau merryfisher
Length: 5m +
Engine: suzuki df 70hp
looking at possibley a 580 but a bit nervous about the small 50hp outboards they seem to mostly come with in my price range. the wife is the fisher woman but its ok because she has never caught anything yet! i want more use from my boat and longer seasons hence the marina, and the merry fisher has what we want except leather,tvs wooden decks, 4 beth, but with a £12000 budget what else do you guys suggest love the ballistics by the way.
Old 20 January 2007, 06:15   #5

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiqueboy View Post
the wife is the fisher woman but its ok because she has never caught anything yet!
Sounds like more of a wannabe fisher, to me.

Though, I'm sure she'll get there.

jky
Old 20 January 2007, 15:00   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiqueboy View Post
looking at possibley a 580 but a bit nervous about the small 50hp outboards they seem to mostly come with in my price range. the wife is the fisher woman but its ok because she has never caught anything yet! i want more use from my boat and longer seasons hence the marina, and the merry fisher has what we want except leather,tvs wooden decks, 4 beth, but with a £12000 budget what else do you guys suggest love the ballistics by the way.
Thanks for Ballistic comment, I am a bit unsure but I am buying it anyway, I hope it is as good as I thinit it could be.

With regard to budget you really should look at teh Quicksilver 630 I think it is I will check this and come back to you. I know its called "the flamingo in the quicksilver range" it is every bit as good as the Merry Fisher range which I think is a Jeannau tho I will check this too.
I will be back to soon with info. This was in last years boat show with engine for 10k str.
Old 20 January 2007, 15:05   #7

Hi Guys,

Actuallyback sooner than I thought. I seem to recall teh flamingo was just the 530 with cab, the site sems to think all cabin boats in the range are flamingo.
This boat I think with 50 or 70 Suzuki dont recall till I see my notes was 10k sterling with controls and clocks and trailer (I think the latter).

It looked like a fine boat with useful cabin and cover and the roof I liked.
The model in the cabin is not bad too, no spring chick and no Maria Sharapova Codders, but nice!!!!