Will be finishing my Searider project in the next few weeks. Bit late for a thread but after a recent discovery a might as well do it now...
What I have done so far
-New bilge pump wire
-new battery connectors, cable and isolator
-Installed and wired a Tri Navigation light
-used wire from the old gps to connect the compass red light
-Moved backrest forward, reduces weight increasing speed and improving fuel consumption ...Basically only one person can sit on the seat...also acts a great leaning post
-Installed Garmin 551 chartplotter
-30 litre fuel tank with a top of the range bungee and zip tie securing system
All electrics are wired to a 6 switch panel (horn, vhf still to be wired)
Still to do
The tubes (not sure what material they are?) need to be re painted. it really shows how key prep is, repainted under two years ago. The old paint is flaking already in some places.
Tubes will also need new valves, A patch and the Rubbing strake re glued. agian clearly wasn't prepped properly when put on!
The hull damage was caused by a badly judged car recovery. The gash at the front was repair exposed by the grounding. I have started sanding hence all the missing paint and removed cracked gel coat, I also ripped all the old repair work off. My plan is use two part epoxy filler to fill all the chips and dings and the inside of the gash. I will then fiberglass it over restoring the original shape and use plenty of epoxy resin to finish off before re painting.
Oh and another 30l upfront still needs to be installed...
I have Zero experience really with anything like this. I learnt everything about wiring from internet guides so advice on how to repair is very helpful