Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 08 June 2007, 10:30   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Ayrshire
Boat name: Raven
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 suzuki
MMSI: 235040525
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 653
Where about in Scotland Exactly? ballycastle to Largs is 78 nm - my 150 burned 80 ltrs, doing this journey, If you buy the 2 stroke I would like to see if all the hype re consumption being as good is true

If you do have a go (the Mull can get fairly hefty) let me know. you could pop in and see the Grocer (and Granville) at the bottom of Arran,he threatened to make tea the last time I was down....




Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowmitch View Post
Thanks mate. I had a wee humber 4m with a yam 40hp before this, and i just decided to go all out and buy this s/h sr5.4 and kit it out with a new e-tec 90, a frame, nav lights, twin tanks, twin batteries, galv trailer, chartplotter and vhf.

Nice!!

I want to go from ballycastle in northern ireland over to scotland in it.

it should be capable
__________________

__________________
.
IBWET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 June 2007, 19:22   #12
Member
 
The Grocer's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Kildonan, Arran
Boat name: Cowal (& Bennan)
Make: Quinquari Humber/RC
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF150/DF175x2
MMSI: 235036953
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 296
South Clyde Ferry Service...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBWET View Post
Where about in Scotland Exactly? ballycastle to Largs is 78 nm - my 150 burned 80 ltrs, doing this journey, If you buy the 2 stroke I would like to see if all the hype re consumption being as good is true

If you do have a go (the Mull can get fairly hefty) let me know. you could pop in and see the Grocer (and Granville) at the bottom of Arran,he threatened to make tea the last time I was down....
Oi! What's happened to the grand RNLI tour?

Forecast for the next week is not unreasonable- anyone up for a gathering on, say, Wednesday afternoon? (Our staff are now better than we are - not difficult!)

How about - meet at a point mid-Clyde, wander off to an island for a cuppa, then all toddle off home?

(Can't do Tuesday - secret Post Office meeting ; Thursday's re-stock day.)
__________________

__________________
Russell
The Grocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 June 2007, 06:17   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Ayrshire
Boat name: Raven
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 suzuki
MMSI: 235040525
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 653
The bloke who suggested it may be down the marina today I'll see if I can catch him,I think for some reason he was talking about July?

I would be up for the mid clyde plan , where were you thinking about ? (if you start talking longs and lats I'll get lost) loch Ranza?

anybody else?





Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grocer View Post
Oi! What's happened to the grand RNLI tour?

Forecast for the next week is not unreasonable- anyone up for a gathering on, say, Wednesday afternoon? (Our staff are now better than we are - not difficult!)

How about - meet at a point mid-Clyde, wander off to an island for a cuppa, then all toddle off home?

(Can't do Tuesday - secret Post Office meeting ; Thursday's re-stock day.)
__________________
.
IBWET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 June 2007, 11:17   #14
Member
 
The Grocer's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Kildonan, Arran
Boat name: Cowal (& Bennan)
Make: Quinquari Humber/RC
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF150/DF175x2
MMSI: 235036953
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBWET View Post
The bloke who suggested it may be down the marina today I'll see if I can catch him,I think for some reason he was talking about July?

I would be up for the mid clyde plan , where were you thinking about ? (if you start talking longs and lats I'll get lost) loch Ranza?

anybody else?
Yup, July was suggested; but as we've just had some Xmas catalogues in I thought we'd better get a move on...

Mid-Clyde. <Thinks> Got a chart? 5nm W of Ardrossan is a hill. It's 38m under you. Found it? From there, who knows? Lochranza OK, Skipness?

Thread hi-jack alert - I'll start a new one in the appropriate place.
__________________

__________________
Russell
The Grocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.