Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 17 March 2013, 13:04   #61
Member
 
Mextli's Avatar
 
Country: Germany
Town: Nuremberg
Boat name: November
Make: Avon Searider 4M
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55
MMSI: 211748930
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 312
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt h View Post
yeh I know what you mean, are you going to spray the deck with some sort of non slip textured finished or something like that as its going to be slippery as heck left like that. i do congratulate you on persevering with it!
Either that or, for short-term solution we have some anti-slip mats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt h View Post
Personally i would have put 2x25litre carryable fuel tanks as not all moorings/locations have fuel and the 50 litre fuel tank is not carry-able full of fuel. just my thoughts!
I though about that, but then this thing came into view for a VERY cheap price.

Its almost done now, just missing a few bits n bobs










__________________
Cheers
Luke

Searider+Yamaha+Land Rover= :D :D
Mextli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2013, 13:31   #62
Member
 
harryesd's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: St Andrew's
Boat name: Wee Boaby
Make: Avon searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda 50 (four)
MMSI: 235907817
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 153
I think your doing a grand job. Your jockey seat is identical to mine, and I'm renewing my seat right now. The firm that's doing it are doing it in rescue orange and black with orange piping.
Should look real good when I collect it next week, and all for a very nominal charge, pics to follow soon.
__________________

__________________
harryesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2013, 14:04   #63
Member
 
Country: Germany
Town: StPetersburg Russia
Boat name: Black Hawk
Make: OSPREY Vipermax 7m
Length: 7m +
Engine: ETEC G2 250 H.O.
MMSI: 211579640
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 397
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Bushrider
Hi ,
Can imagine how excited you are to go out for the first test run !
Donīt you think it would have been better to use instead of one large tank - which makes the boat stern heavy - to use instead 2x 25l tanks underneath the seat ??

Cheers - Jurgen
__________________
Bushrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2013, 18:12   #64
Member
 
Mextli's Avatar
 
Country: Germany
Town: Nuremberg
Boat name: November
Make: Avon Searider 4M
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55
MMSI: 211748930
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 312
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryesd View Post
I think your doing a grand job. Your jockey seat is identical to mine, and I'm renewing my seat right now. The firm that's doing it are doing it in rescue orange and black with orange piping.
Should look real good when I collect it next week, and all for a very nominal charge, pics to follow soon.
My Jockey is the original AVON Version for the SR4, there's loads of them around, I painted and patched it up myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrider View Post
Hi ,
Can imagine how excited you are to go out for the first test run !
Donīt you think it would have been better to use instead of one large tank - which makes the boat stern heavy - to use instead 2x 25l tanks underneath the seat ??

Cheers - Jurgen
I tried fitting 2x 25 under the Console, it just doesn't work.
The Boat needs more than 30l to have any proper range, so I moved the seat further forewards. It might be a bit stern heavy, but I can live with that.
__________________
Cheers
Luke

Searider+Yamaha+Land Rover= :D :D
Mextli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2013, 05:20   #65
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Seashell
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Inboard diesel
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mextli View Post
My Jockey is the original AVON Version for the SR4, there's loads of them around, I painted and patched it up myself.
That particular console came off an SR4 used as a tender on a tug working out of Poole harbour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mextli View Post
I tried fitting 2x 25 under the Console, it just doesn't work.
A 25l Quicksilver tank will fit under there - that's why it has a cutout - to accommodate a tank. I too think all that fuel at the back will make it ride very bow high.

I would also look at how you're strapping it down to the trailer, especially as the tubes are painted - you'll find the paint will wear off pretty quick with those straps over the tubes. The best way is one from the bow eye to the trailer, and another through the transom eyes down to the trailer. Much less movement and will save the tubes
__________________
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2013, 05:32   #66
Member
 
Mextli's Avatar
 
Country: Germany
Town: Nuremberg
Boat name: November
Make: Avon Searider 4M
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55
MMSI: 211748930
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 312
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
That particular console came off an SR4 used as a tender on a tug working out of Poole harbour.
Nice to know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
A 25l Quicksilver tank will fit under there - that's why it has a cutout - to accommodate a tank. I too think all that fuel at the back will make it ride very bow high.
Yep, one 25l would fit, but that would give me no more than 40 miles range, since the 500 Mercury tends to drink alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
I would also look at how you're strapping it down to the trailer, especially as the tubes are painted - you'll find the paint will wear off pretty quick with those straps over the tubes. The best way is one from the bow eye to the trailer, and another through the transom eyes down to the trailer. Much less movement and will save the tubes
You're right again . As the bow eye and the transom eyes were missing till last saturday, and now been Sika-ed in, I want this to dry throughly before attaching any weight to it. Next time though it will be attached properly
__________________
Cheers
Luke

Searider+Yamaha+Land Rover= :D :D
Mextli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2013, 15:14   #67
Member
 
Mextli's Avatar
 
Country: Germany
Town: Nuremberg
Boat name: November
Make: Avon Searider 4M
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55
MMSI: 211748930
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 312
RIBase
The cables are done properly now



__________________
Cheers
Luke

Searider+Yamaha+Land Rover= :D :D
Mextli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2013, 15:15   #68
Member
 
Mextli's Avatar
 
Country: Germany
Town: Nuremberg
Boat name: November
Make: Avon Searider 4M
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55
MMSI: 211748930
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 312
RIBase








The Test-Drive has been completed with succes, boat is watertight, motor is running

35 Knots has been max. speed.
__________________
Cheers
Luke

Searider+Yamaha+Land Rover= :D :D
Mextli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2013, 15:38   #69
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Leicestershire
Make: Avon SR4 Zodiac 310
Length: 4m +
Engine: Merc 40 2s Merc 15 2
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 175
35 knots is a good speed for an old 50 ,what size prop are you using and what is your max rpm
__________________
Jonny H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2013, 15:42   #70
Member
 
Mextli's Avatar
 
Country: Germany
Town: Nuremberg
Boat name: November
Make: Avon Searider 4M
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55
MMSI: 211748930
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 312
RIBase
God knows.

The Prop has been on the thing when I bought it(used for waterski, but I doubt this one is a proper waterski prop, the grunt of the 850ccm 4-Pot thunderbolt is enough to pull ANYTHING.) the Tach is currently not plugged in. Will do that in my 2-week holiday starting tomorrow.
__________________
Cheers
Luke

Searider+Yamaha+Land Rover= :D :D
Mextli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.