Old 01 September 2010, 14:58   #11
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
black rib

tony were you about by caerdaniel where they launch off the beach about 10.30 ish , there was a black rib there and it didnt look like an osprey, i will get in touch next time we are out but it will most probably be march next year, i am tied up with work for the next few months, this weekend was just a quick trip to try and find any gremlins really, so i can sort them through the winter, still have to fit a vhf and plotter and a couple of grab rails etc. cheers, mark [/QUOTE]

yes that was us mark we stopped at caerdaniel for a few minutes on the way to shell island, (look like a osprey)

there where plenty of jet ski,s about didn't see any ribs is that where you stayed looks a nice place wouldn't like to launch from there though looked a bit like hard work with that incoming swell

When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 September 2010, 17:54   #12
Town: telford
Make: shakespeare
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 optimax
yes we stayed at caerdaniel, the reason i said it didnt look like an osprey is that all of the ribs in the pound at caerdaniel are ospreys and none of them are black, so i knew the boat was not from there, suspected it may be you, we may have seen you later if the fuel problem had not happened, we launched from the beach inside the harbour as the slip was pretty busy, at caerdaniel they apparently tip the boats off the trailer onto the beach and wait for the tide, we will be looking to store ours down that way for the summer months next year so if you can reccomend anywhere i would be grateful,
we are between shifnal and albrighton if you are in our area anytime, you are welcome to drop in for a brew and a chinwag

markg is offline   Reply With Quote