Scot

Old 19 October 2010, 05:56   #32

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by joakimhansson View Post
bugger me, IMHO there must be a way of shrouding the mechanism! Seeing these suspension seats working shows the forces applied and the potential for anything caught in it either a) buggering the mechanism or b)severely damaging the obstruction be it a kill cord, flailing passenger foot etc

I certainly wouldn't have these in the status quo so close together on a small open rib!

Old 19 October 2010, 13:23   #33

Town: Stockholm
Make: KR7
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude 150 H.O
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
bugger me, IMHO there must be a way of shrouding the mechanism! Seeing these suspension seats working shows the forces applied and the potential for anything caught in it either a) buggering the mechanism or b)severely damaging the obstruction be it a kill cord, flailing passenger foot etc

I certainly wouldn't have these in the status quo so close together on a small open rib!
I think ullman is little better, but most of them looks like this
Old 20 October 2010, 14:41   #34

Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250hp HO
Quote:
I think ullman is little better, but most of them looks like this

I personally think they have all got it wrong. In some martial arts its taught, by controlling a persons upper body, head, shoulders as high as possible you can lead them in a direction... but in more guru wording. lol

Yet most of the suspension jockey seats have little or NO side support. See how much upper movement there is in the drivers body, if his head and shoulders lost balance, his legs wouldnt stand a chance...
Old 20 October 2010, 15:05   #35

Maybe this one, with seatbelts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ullman.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	55046  
Old 20 October 2010, 15:11   #36

Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Engine: 250hp HO
Quote:
Maybe this one, with seatbelts
no side support again !
Old 20 October 2010, 15:16   #37

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ullman1.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	55047  
Old 20 October 2010, 18:17   #38

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
That's a RIC. . . Rigid Inflatable Chair.

Do these sell at over inflated prices as well?

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2010, 08:15   #39
Syp

Town: hasselt
Length: 9m +
X-Craft seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
It would be fantastic if you could share your results..
Dear Tony,
I have tried the X-Craft seats last Saturday. Arriving at the factory, X-Craft owner Niels showed me their range of seats and how the Comfort (Plus) seats are produced. I have also seen their Full Carbon version. What a nice state of the art wannahave! Carbon in combination with Titanium is always appealing.
Anyhow, while having winds of 6 Bft and very choppy waves, testing these seats couldn’t be done at much better conditions. These suspension systems are really exceptional. So much comfort (this should be where it’s name is coming from :o) ), strong build, giving you all the confidence to sail in even worse conditions. I was really impressed. Not only by the quality and functionality (primary focus), also positively surprised with regards to their pricing and customization possibilities. Their standard seats can be tailored with regards to colors, upholstery, seat height, powder coating or anodizing and special tailor made seat frames. Last mentioned wasn’t interesting for me as I “only” needed 4 seats in total.

I have seen and sea trialed the Ullman seats on a couple of boats. Have also seen the Scot seats (during the METS 2009) of which I am very skeptical with regards to their seat motion sideways… To me the X-Craft suspension system feels (and looks) the best option quality wise. On top of that they are also cheaper than the Ullman and Scot seats! Finally, I was so impressed and drove back to Belgium, having bought 4 Comfort seats, to be delivered within 2 weeks!

Tony, all the best with your decision making process and I hope my comment is useful for you.
Rgds,

Syp de la Mar
Old 25 October 2010, 10:03   #40

Town: Guernsey
Boat name: Monkey Nutz
Make: Cougar R8 Sport
Engine: 350Sci Verado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syp View Post
Dear Tony,
I have tried the X-Craft seats last Saturday. Arriving at the factory, X-Craft owner Niels showed me their range of seats and how the Comfort (Plus) seats are produced. I have also seen their Full Carbon version. What a nice state of the art wannahave! Carbon in combination with Titanium is always appealing.
Anyhow, while having winds of 6 Bft and very choppy waves, testing these seats couldn’t be done at much better conditions. These suspension systems are really exceptional. So much comfort (this should be where it’s name is coming from :o) ), strong build, giving you all the confidence to sail in even worse conditions. I was really impressed. Not only by the quality and functionality (primary focus), also positively surprised with regards to their pricing and customization possibilities. Their standard seats can be tailored with regards to colors, upholstery, seat height, powder coating or anodizing and special tailor made seat frames. Last mentioned wasn’t interesting for me as I “only” needed 4 seats in total.

I have seen and sea trialed the Ullman seats on a couple of boats. Have also seen the Scot seats (during the METS 2009) of which I am very skeptical with regards to their seat motion sideways… To me the X-Craft suspension system feels (and looks) the best option quality wise. On top of that they are also cheaper than the Ullman and Scot seats! Finally, I was so impressed and drove back to Belgium, having bought 4 Comfort seats, to be delivered within 2 weeks!

Tony, all the best with your decision making process and I hope my comment is useful for you.
Rgds,

Syp de la Mar
Thank you very much for your summary. Gives me more insight into the product..
Thanks
Tony