Old 30 July 2009, 13:29   #11

Town: basingstoke
Boat name: Cyanide
Make: Scorpion
Length: 9m +
Engine: 300hp Yanmar I/B
2009 Update

Hi folks; just an update on this thread, a year on.
Hot Air now belongs to a nice chap in Cowes, who would like to sell her (via AAA Boat Sales in Cowes). We went out on her a month ago and she's very together, with a 250 hp 2-stroke on the back.
James sold Cyanide to us a few weeks ago, (thank you sir), and she's tucked up in the Hamble, except for every chance we get when we go out and play, like you do.
We bought her via Stewart Thornley at Scorpion, where she was for a week or so, and it was rather touching as lots of the Scorpion employees came and had a look at her, not having seen many of that model for a while.

Old 02 August 2009, 07:11   #12

Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250hp HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham P View Post
Hi folks; just an update on this thread, a year on.
Hot Air now belongs to a nice chap in Cowes, who would like to sell her (via AAA Boat Sales in Cowes). We went out on her a month ago and she's very together, with a 250 hp 2-stroke on the back.
James sold Cyanide to us a few weeks ago, (thank you sir), and she's tucked up in the Hamble, except for every chance we get when we go out and play, like you do.
We bought her via Stewart Thornley at Scorpion, where she was for a week or so, and it was rather touching as lots of the Scorpion employees came and had a look at her, not having seen many of that model for a while.
Seen cyanide in her new home this week. Good luck with her. I have a real soft spot for her but shes just too big for me!! Ive seen Hot Air forsale but condidered her overpriced in comparison to Cyanide.... Is there much difference between the 2 boats Graham, Hot Air is quite a bit older and I presume one of the earliest cabins

Old 18 May 2015, 05:15   #13

Town: Guernsey
Make: Pending
Length: 8m +
Hi to everyone.
I was reading through some old posts and this one about Scorpion ribs popped up. Just in case anyone is interested, I have owned Hot Air for a few years now. She is doing well. I have a 220 Evinrude back on and a 15HP Honda as auxiliary. The old girl goes great, although it’s getting time for retubing.