Old 23 May 2006, 12:30   #1

Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250hp HO
sBs alko wheels

anyone know a cheaper alternative wheel fitment for sbs alko hubs. I have the 100mm pcd 13" rims but ideally id like to find some replacements off a car etc.

Thanks

GT
Old 23 May 2006, 12:49   #2

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
I have an SBS trailer with Alko hubs. I dont think my wheels are the same size as yous (dont know off hand what size they are) but I went to Tow-Sure to get a spare wheel and they sorted one out for about £20.....
Old 23 May 2006, 14:30   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M
I have an SBS trailer with Alko hubs. I dont think my wheels are the same size as yous (dont know off hand what size they are) but I went to Tow-Sure to get a spare wheel and they sorted one out for about £20.....
£20 + a tyre x4 soon adds up. is that a 13"?? best price i found so far is £25 each for just wheel plus postage, seems pointless putting new ones on when one dunk and a sit in the salty wind and they will soon be well on there way to that great rust bucket in the sky again!!
Old 23 May 2006, 14:40   #4

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Have you got a photo of the wheels?
Old 23 May 2006, 15:04   #5
ADS

Town: Dorset
I put two new wheels on my rib trailer, wheel and tyre was just over £25 each if I recall. I doubt that they were 13", probably 10" or 11", cheapest place is the boat jumble, you can get 2 of the ones I bought for £25. The centres to tend rust, had one collapse on a day boat we had so for the sake of £50 I put two new ones on the rib, washed them with freshwater after each use, to try and prevent the rust.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0144.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	19458  
Old 23 May 2006, 15:19   #6

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
GT, where did you find it for £25 ? because I am looking too, best I have found was e bay at £82 (incl P&P) for 4 wheel rims however these are 5.5" PCD, or Towsure at £67.80
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MakeTrack=true

http://www.towsure.com/product.asp?p=7088

Pete
Attached Images

Old 23 May 2006, 15:35   #7
ADS

Ah looks like I had the wrong wheels all together, good job theres no red blobs anymore!
When I had abit of an 'off' in the car last year I had to get some parts from the scrap yard, including a steel wheel. They had a massive mountain of wheels and it would be quite easy to find four matching ones all though you would have to get the right dimensions etc, most of the tyres were legal, although it would be possible to stick some cheapo ones on there. Although Petes ebay source looks cheap, and thats for new rims.
Old 23 May 2006, 16:23   #8

Town: Exmouth, Devon
Length: no boat
Try TrailerTek in Micheldever Staton (off old road between Winchester and Basingstoke)
Rims only
Rims and tyres

They have workshop facilities there as well. Also stock boat trailer parts (rollers etc).
Old 23 May 2006, 16:29   #9

Town: hants
Boat name: Viper
Make: Osprey Vipermax 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 opti
MMSI: 235 036 257
make sure you buy the proper tyres with the correct ply rating as the trailer tyres are potentially different to car tyres in this respect
Old 23 May 2006, 16:57   #10

its on my favourites list on home pc pete was a site posted on here before. ill post it later.

however guys at micheldever are very nice and id always be happy to do business with em, they opened up especially for me one bank holiday when my wheel bearing colapsed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7
GT, where did you find it for £25 ? because I am looking too, best I have found was e bay at £82 (incl P&P) for 4 wheel rims however these are 5.5" PCD, or Towsure at £67.80
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MakeTrack=true

http://www.towsure.com/product.asp?p=7088

Pete
Old 23 May 2006, 18:27   #11

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Your problem at the breakers yard will probably be that not many cars have 13" wheels nowadays.
I think the Vauxhalls used to fit 100mm PCD wheels, but you'll need to be careful that the offset is correct.
Wheel fitment charts are on the www. Get googling!
It may be worth you shopping around as I recently priced some new 13" trailer wheels & tyres for around £40-£45 each. Try Nasher on this forum. He's just set himself up as a trailer parts agent.
Old 25 May 2006, 09:25   #12

vw polo has 13" and 100pcd. gonna try my birds alloys on there!! but what about weight capacity??

john heres link

http://www.western-towing.co.uk/acat...s_13_inch.html
Old 25 May 2006, 09:48   #13
ADS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS
Ah looks like I had the wrong wheels all together, good job theres no red blobs anymore!
When I had abit of an 'off' in the car last year I had to get some parts from the scrap yard, including a steel wheel. They had a massive mountain of wheels and it would be quite easy to find four matching ones all though you would have to get the right dimensions etc, most of the tyres were legal, although it would be possible to stick some cheapo ones on there. Although Petes ebay source looks cheap, and thats for new rims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai
Your problem at the breakers yard will probably be that not many cars have 13" wheels nowadays.
I think the Vauxhalls used to fit 100mm PCD wheels, but you'll need to be careful that the offset is correct.
Wheel fitment charts are on the www. Get googling!
It may be worth you shopping around as I recently priced some new 13" trailer wheels & tyres for around £40-£45 each. Try Nasher on this forum. He's just set himself up as a trailer parts agent.
Agree Downhilldai, but the car in question was a Polo, hence why I assumed they would be along the right lines. I would drop Nasher a pm GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtflash
vw polo has 13" and 100pcd. gonna try my birds alloys on there!! but what about weight capacity??

john heres link

http://www.western-towing.co.uk/acat...s_13_inch.html
Old 25 May 2006, 10:28   #14

Town: Portsmouth Harbour
Length: no boat
i have 4 old wheels, + tyres which im selling at the moment, they are 13" and off an old fiesta that i scrapped. If you would like any more detials or pictures PM me.

Davies Coaching
laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2006, 11:03   #15

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Wheels come in different load capacities as do tyres. A suitable rim width and offset is fairly important. The offset ensures the load is carried in the correct position between the wheel bearings. You'll be lucky to find car wheels with the correct offset to suit a trailer.

Buy the correct or, preferably, higher capacity ones and get them galvanised. Job done.
Old 25 May 2006, 22:42   #16

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker
Wheels come in different load capacities as do tyres. A suitable rim width and offset is fairly important. The offset ensures the load is carried in the correct position between the wheel bearings. You'll be lucky to find car wheels with the correct offset to suit a trailer.

Buy the correct or, preferably, higher capacity ones and get them galvanised. Job done.
Too right JW.
I can't believe we spend £1000+ on a trailer, which is totally galvanised, apart from the wheels, which are painted! Seems bonkers to me, as these are usually first to hit the brine.
If you're looking for wheel loading data, the Avonride website lists the load capacities of virtually all wheels and tyres used in the trailer industry. along with every dimension you could ask for.
Old 29 May 2006, 22:42   #17

towsure £16.75 each wheel only! still lookin