Old 05 February 2002, 19:06   #1

Town: shipham somerset
Make: ribcraft offshore
Length: 7.8
Engine: 200 optimax mariner
Sale of BOSE MG

Just a brief note to thank the Ribnet web site in the Sale of BOSE MG 7.8m Ribcraft it took only 5weeks , I have had many enquiries 23 in all , 7 serious ie: (offers) 3 visits and two sea trials I was even happier at almost attaining the asking price with no high brokerage fees, John great service thanks, the only question now is what next ? after supporting the the first leg of the RB 4 event last year and meeting Brian the owner of 'Cyanide' 9.5 metre scorpion cabin it was a great craft and Iam getting older and would welcome a little comfort in my late ribbing years!

yes it was us Brian ! do you remember the co ordinates of your position? we were the crew that took the little 4metre 'GREY SEAL' in tow back to plymouth 43 miles in a huge
following sea ,anyway what an adventure we all returned safe who knows maybe I will need a tow one day!
Old 06 February 2002, 13:34   #2

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Hi Graham

Brians probably too pre-occupied with housemoving to be online much at the moment. I was navigator, assistant coxn, radio operator and general dogsbody on Cyanide during RB4. In fact IIRC it was me trying to workout what the hell your callsign was whilst we were assisting Seal somewhere off Falmouth!

Cyanide is certainly a very comfortable way to travel. But as I keep telling Brian its a bit difficult to stick her on a trailer and tow her up to Scotland etc. There are some advantages to having a smaller boat!

Alan
Old 08 February 2002, 11:46   #3
RIBnet supporter

Town: Peel, IOM
RIBase
Yes Graham of course I remember!
You can't get much more comfortable than Cyanide, I agree. If you want to have a run out in her just give me a call (pl. wait a couple of weeks though. Am right in the middle of moving).
What are you thinking of buying next anyway?
Old 08 February 2002, 11:52   #4
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Graham

Thanks for the update -- and for telling everyone about your success with RIBnet!

Which reminds me, I ought to take your advert off the for sale page. I'll do it now . . .

Cheers
John
Old 08 February 2002, 15:07   #5

Town: shipham somerset
Make: ribcraft offshore
Length: 7.8
Engine: 200 optimax mariner
Hi Brian, I hope the move goes well,in respect of the new boat I am reviewing al options, I recently tried to purchase a Scorpion cabin9.5m from an owner in Norway but the boat sold very quickly .

I like many of us continue to diliberate between a very large rib that will have to stay on the water , or a rib I can trail, the 7.8 Ribcraft Ive just sold was really on the limit of practicality ,even with an electrical winch to assist in the launch and ecovery,having said that I love exploring new waters, I even trailed my last boat to Ibiza last year through france to spain crossing from Dinea to Ibiza, it took only 48hrs with an overnight stay in Barcelona , I never realised how big France was! an epic journey but great adventure 3 weeks in fantastic weather 10 hours boating every day ,

I see Graham Jellie is selling a 8.75m (Twister)although expensive ,he builds a great rib, I was the owner of his first production rib a 1996 7.5 metre ,this boat was in fact a tender !yes a tender to the historic J Class Yacht Valshieldia, it had an interesting history anyway on with the hunt any suggestions?
Old 10 February 2002, 13:01   #6
RIBnet supporter

Town: Peel, IOM
RIBase
Well, the obvious is to talk to Graham about the new cabin rib he is building.
This is a 10m lovely with twin inboard diesels.
Definately the Doberman's undercarraige..but will set you back a few bob.