Old 27 May 2012, 17:07   #1

Town: Portsmouth
Salcombe and other things...

Hi everyone,

2 questions to ask today

1) (I know this came up a few day ago, but this post is mainly about q2!!! - thought i would kill 2 birds...) Does anyone know of a mooring, near or on East portlemouth side of the estuary for a 5.85m RIB? I know of port waterhouse, but that is tidal and i would rather not be worrying if it is high and dry when i want to use it!!!

2) Does anyone know of anywhere I could get a double stack trailer, RIB on bottom, Dinghy on top?

Thanks
Old 28 May 2012, 08:15   #2

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Blue Water, Reddish Marine and Yeowards all have moorings but you are asking about a very specific area? I assume you've asked the Harbour office - they will know about all moorings.
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2012, 15:14   #3

I know it's quite specific, but i would rather not have a mooring up past the ICC if i can help it - Small SIB with a not so reliable (and also ancient!) 2hp as the only means of getting out to RIB from Mill bay where we will be based!

Anyway...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
Blue Water, Reddish Marine and Yeowards all have moorings but you are asking about a very specific area?
Cheers Cookee! I will give these places a try
Old 28 May 2012, 15:26   #4

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOKESY56 View Post
I know it's quite specific, but i would rather not have a mooring up past the ICC if i can help it - Small SIB with a not so reliable (and also ancient!) 2hp as the only means of getting out to RIB from Mill bay where we will be based!

Anyway...

Cheers Cookee! I will give these places a try
That's easier to answer - There are visitors moorings in the middle of the Estuary that belong to the harbour but they're normally for bigger boats as it's calmer round the corner. You can also get the harbour taxi from the Portlemouth ferry landing I think - the phone number is 07807 643879 for the taxi and 01548 843791 for the office
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2012, 17:30   #5

Town: Cambs
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 225 Opti
I'm renting a mooring opposite port warehouse in the deep water form the harbour office. From memory it's sub £200 for a fortnight.

For the dinghy on top most people get the frames fabricated and then u bolt them on. I'd have thought any number of tailor manufacturers would have a pattern. Try Trident, I know they make triple stack dinghy trailers
Old 28 May 2012, 19:02   #6

Quote:
Blue Water, Reddish Marine and Yeowards all have moorings but you are asking about a very specific area? I assume you've asked the Harbour office - they will know about all moorings.
Quote:
That's easier to answer - There are visitors moorings in the middle of the Estuary that belong to the harbour but they're normally for bigger boats as it's calmer round the corner. You can also get the harbour taxi from the Portlemouth ferry landing I think - the phone number is 07807 643879 for the taxi and 01548 843791 for the office
Thanks - really appreciate the help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portholme View Post
I'm renting a mooring opposite port warehouse in the deep water form the harbour office. From memory it's sub £200 for a fortnight.

For the dinghy on top most people get the frames fabricated and then u bolt them on. I'd have thought any number of tailor manufacturers would have a pattern. Try Trident, I know they make triple stack dinghy trailers
Cheers for that, I may ask about those moorings - sounds ideal and relatively cheap!!