I'm sure that you all know much better than I do and that this SAFEBOATSKIN is working 100%
I've asked around and haven't found anything except the information which is availiable on the net. The questions that spring to mind then are:
1. Where (which country) is this/these products imported from (SAFEBOATSKIN & SAFE BOATSPEED)? Holland may be? or the US? I have aksed in the US and a guy that has used many clear ANTIFOULING products , he mentioned various brands such as:
Dolphinite go-fast bottom paint, clear Didn't work
Aurora bottom wax or whatever it is called - no value.
Scatt - Actually worked better then the others above but still not worth much.
One other secret solution someone gave him.Wouldn't tell what it was because the EPA would be upset. Tried it on a square foot section and it didn't work either.
And he concluded that Best solution I've found is to pull the boat and clean the bottom on a schedule based on water conditions.
Which IMHO is the right answer to all of this
2. If SAFEBOATSKIN and SAFEBOATSPEED are such wonderful products wouldn't people use them else where in World? No one has heard of any of them except two or three guys in this forum which isn't much.
3. Where and who is using it? (an answer Mr Blogs in Kazakstan will not do
). An actual (not made up) verifiable sales figure will do
4. Why is it so expenssive? All this staff about great solutions and the rest is C..P.
The R&D that goes into developing a clear antifouling solution that will work that is quite something and aparently you need huge amounts of money to do it and only companies the likes of International Paints or Jotun or people like have the financial backing and can develop it.
5. Who are the developers and when did the the R&D for this product took place?