Originally Posted by Marcus_J
I tested as much as I could, being a novice, and all seemed OK. Fitted the original battery after checking it was charged and almost immediately wires started smoking and within 5 secs the main cables from battery to engine had all but melted.
I have got an engineer coming tomorrow. Primary cables will need replacing at least. It's beyond me now.
well at least that should be easy to find the fault, it will be where the melting on the wires stops!
sounds like theres a really big short there, either a wire rubbed through, or the rectifier pack gone.