Old 25 July 2013, 17:34   #321

Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLinley View Post
It's a real shame you can't make it. I will have live TV on my boat. Links will go up on my Facebook tomorrow www.facebook.com/linleyswansocial
sounds like a plan to me, I'll click the facetube link

oh, n don't woory too much about me, I'm not fit enough to take part in this trip, but I can still get out on our rib, were heading back to Caernarfon tomorrow to have a blast through the Menai Straits on Saturday, and it'll be the Moelfre Life Boat Day soon, so another good day to be had no good moaning about what you can't do, just enjoy what you can do
Old 25 July 2013, 17:45   #322
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
A bit of good news...

I'm going too

I'll be about for the Antrim - Donegal - Mayo legs, so hope to meet a few of you on the water/in the pub.

Keep an eye out for a grey & white Redbay Stormforce 950 with all the bells and whistles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gassing up....jpg
Views:	189
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	83236  
Old 25 July 2013, 18:09   #323

Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
I'm going too

I'll be about for the Antrim - Donegal - Mayo legs, so hope to meet a few of you on the water/in the pub.

Keep an eye out for a grey & white Redbay Stormforce 950 with all the bells and whistles
Bloody hell you managed to get yer mitts on another 950!! Have you no shame.
BTW I have a pennant a friend came to my rescue!!
Have a good one be safe.
B

Sent from my iPhone using Rib.net
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2013, 18:13   #324
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
Bloody hell you managed to get yer mitts on another 950!! Have you no shame.
None Mind you, I'm only allowed to "sit there and don't press any buttons" on this one, still, a result in anyone's book.
Old 25 July 2013, 18:45   #325
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
If you look at organised, professional expeditions or races in Europe then this is the largest concentration of ribs this year. I know, as I am also entered and competing in the other large scale events,
oh sorry I should have realise that PBR's claims it was the biggest flotilla of ribs in Europe meant, "the biggest trip Tom's doing".

Obviously you don't think the Easdale RIB rendevous is professionally organised. I assume that is because it is free rather than the alternative interpretation.
Old 25 July 2013, 19:05   #326
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
oh sorry I should have realise that PBR's claims it was the biggest flotilla of ribs in Europe meant, "the biggest trip Tom's doing".

Obviously you don't think the Easdale RIB rendevous is professionally organised. I assume that is because it is free rather than the alternative interpretation.

*gently coughs*

Could we do the "incisive analysis" after I've returned alive from a couple of long offshore cruises with these nice people where anything could happen and there are no witnesses?
Old 25 July 2013, 19:10   #327

Make: Zodiac Mk I
Engine: 15 hp Yam two stroke
Quote:
*gently coughs*

Could we do the "incisive analysis" after I've returned alive from a couple of long offshore cruises with these nice people where anything could happen and there are no witnesses?
Old 25 July 2013, 19:22   #328

RIBase
Quote:

Well said that man big plus one Poly!! Obviously Scotland is not in Europe, how silly are we. ERR as you know is well organised and is more people friendly than a lot of events. It's all about the ribbers and the community great weekend and long may it run!

Old 25 July 2013, 19:42   #329

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Not many ribnobbers in the bar at Neyland Yacht Haven. The door policy isn't too stringent, so assuming they've taken the plunge and gone for a night out on the shant in Milford Haven
Old 25 July 2013, 20:08   #330

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Quote:

Or the very near 40 that whisper sorted out earlier in the year for round IOW......
Old 25 July 2013, 20:12   #331

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post

Or the very near 40 that whisper sorted out earlier in the year for round IOW......
Yep that one too Peter.

Old 25 July 2013, 20:32   #332

Town: London/Devon
Make: Linley Swan /Ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Quote:

I think it's very well organised and superb for people to be doing the easdale RIB rendezvous, with great numbers, in context I was referring to endurance challenges and longer events, hence mentioning venture cup and CTC, events that costs a considerable amount for the distances involved.

I'm now on the road for the event. If you'd like to track my boat it's available through my yellowbrick tracker.
Old 25 July 2013, 20:58   #333
Redbay supporter

Town: onn de moov
Boat name: bote
Make: kevvin
Engine: jett dryve
Quote:
*gently coughs*
Giv upp de fkin wudbines yew nobbur.

Enywaiys yew mus forgiv mistir thomus swonn/linley/montgummery-swonn/linley-swonn. (Fuk mee heez gott mor aliarses thann mee an iym a cryme lawd.). Hee fergets thers lyfe norf ov wotfawd

Orl i can saiy ifn hee getts neer a fantum evo, keap owt ov de fkin waiy.

Wher doo I beegin?😃
wiLlfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2013, 20:59   #334

Town: StPetersburg Russia
Boat name: Ocean Devil
Make: Scorpion 8.6m
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar 315hp
MMSI: 211579640
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Bushrider
Took me 29 hours to arrive from Berlin in Milford Haven - I was so lucky to get trapped twice in a traffic jam on the M4
Although I will be on my own on this trip I really like and appreciate very much the team spirit between the participants !
I am really excited and looking forward to get my Searider around Ireland and back to Milford Haven !
Old 25 July 2013, 21:03   #335
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiLlfish View Post
Enywaiys yew mus forgiv mistir thomus swonn/linley/montgummery-swonn/linley-swonn. (Fuk mee heez gott mor aliarses thann mee an iym a cryme lawd.)
Confusing, aren't they?

I take your (yewer?) point though. I'll have a few Suzuki injun-nobbers from Ingerland onboard in case the play turns dirty. They've nobbled a few favourites in the past, so here's hoping
Old 25 July 2013, 21:04   #336
Dhf

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
so assuming they've taken the plunge and gone for a night out on the shant in Milford Haven
Ats the last we see of them then, unless they brought there safety gear.
Old 25 July 2013, 21:16   #337
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
I think it's very well organised and superb for people to be doing the easdale RIB rendezvous, with great numbers, in context I was referring to endurance challenges and longer events, hence mentioning venture cup and CTC, events that costs a considerable amount for the distances involved.
Tom, I don't doubt for a minute that both the organisation of the crews and the event are considerably more challenging for a Round Ireland than weekend in Easdale, or a RTI with Whisper - one of the main reasons being fuel! Whether bouncing over the Irish waves or hammering tent pegs into the Easdale car park is the greater challenge might be a matter for debate! I'm sure that the snoring would have been an endurance challenge!

I think the events you mention are "races" though, whereas I understood that the PBR RI was not a race. It fascinates me that human behaviour drives people to pay money to be dictated to by a series of rules that cost them more money to do something they can do free of charge any other day of the year.

However PBR has been billing this as "the biggest flotilla of ribs in Europe" for a while and I think its a bit naughty/misleading of them. You've fallen into the trap of repeating the rhetoric. I wish you, the PBR team and the rest of the crews all the best for the event.

What I am sure about is that anyone entering future events run by Power Boat and RIB will be reading the small print in detail next time to see if there is a risk that the costs will appear to double at the last minute. I love the way the marketing machine presents it as doing everyone a favour though rather than admitting it was a bit of a cock up in the planning!
Old 25 July 2013, 21:27   #338

Town: Rostrevor
Boat name: Ricochet
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Twin F115 Yams
MMSI: 235083269
Quote:
It fascinates me that human behaviour drives people to pay money to be dictated to by a series of rules that cost them more money to do something they can do free of charge any other day of the year.
Oh so true - watch this space
Old 25 July 2013, 21:28   #339

Town: London/Devon
Make: Linley Swan /Ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Thank you. At the end of the day we are passionate about our individual events, although as for me, I am an official entrant and have had nothing to do with the organisation of the event or the day to day running of it. I'm hugely lucky to have for a few sponsors together and tried to use it as a platform to raise some money for charity at the same time. I'm looking forward to the challenge and testing some new ideas out on a small boat.

We are both lucky to be able enter events no matter what scale and enjoy the water, not many can. We could go on all night re different events etc but there's no point it will be a great event for those that have entered, as too is the rendevous.
Old 25 July 2013, 21:49   #340
Redbay supporter

Town: onn de moov
Boat name: bote
Make: kevvin
Engine: jett dryve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrider View Post
I was so lucky to get trapped twice in a traffic jam on the M4

Sory bowt dat.

De welch nobburs herd de jermans waz cumin an tirned owt de 24th rejiment ov fut to repell invadirs. Menn ov harlich an orl dat.

Wher doo I beegin?😃
wiLlfish is offline   Reply With Quote