Old 06 June 2004, 15:18   #11
Town: stanmore
Boat name: zippy
Make: zodiac pro 550
Length: 5.5
Engine: 90hp
I joined last year at the L B show , my advanced power boat course was taken in february and after returning from the night navigation exerscise
frozen wet from spray (like being hit with ice cubes) you relize these guys are bloody heros and your subscription is money well spent in fact , joining should be compulsory not an option!

aligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 June 2004, 17:29   #12
Town: london
Boat name: Frances May
Make: vailant DR450
Length: 4m +
Engine: mercury 50 hp
Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel TD5
i joined last year before i got my boat i even got window stickers for the company car fleet at work me and the transport manager were friends each new car had a new sticker when it went out. my support started from the day i needed them and they saved my life

i was using a jet ski off herne bay about five hundred meters from the beach
when bang it stopped as it was a hx model you could not sit on it when stopped. so in the water i go in coming tide so with the tide i head for the medway my mate reports me missing to the rescue boat provided at hampton slip way.
they go looking but don,t report me missing for over one hour to the coast guard. i am now a mile from land i spend in total six hours in the water i had the inshore rib and the off shore arun class out looking for me for over four
hours in the end the coast guard was in charge from a landrover near herne bay called for any air support to help find me my luck was in as a raf nimrod
was local and found me and with in 2mins the RNLI boys came in the inshore rib best rib i have ever seen to this day.

i had all the gear full wet suit boots gloves the water was so cold after a hour or so and it was july and a very hot day

so i say give all you can one day it could be you or your family that need the
help of the RNLI

Daniel TD5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 June 2004, 02:32   #13
Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
Ive seen the Handbook is it like a Filofax and how do you get one

Hi Stu,

Sorry I didn't get to see you over the weekend - I heard you were at The Fountain Saturday night but busy providing a water taxi service.

I bought Richard a copy of the handbook. You can order it online: Go to the last section 'Insignia' and then 'Insignia Accessories' and it's one of the last items. HTH.
Scorpion RIB Group on Facebook
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 June 2004, 13:46   #14
Town: Norfolk
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Inboard
What does the sea-check look for/what do you need?
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 June 2004, 15:22   #15
Town: Poole
Length: 6m +
A Sea Check assessor will spend time with you looking at your boat, the kit you carry how the boat is set up etc. They will look to provide advice and guidance in a friendly and non judgemental way. Typically they are boaters with many years of experience and are very keen to share that knowledge with you.

They will tend to spend an hour with you, complete a form and issue you with some literature & a Sea Check sticker for the craft. There is no charge. Commercial craft cannot be 'seachecked'

Its a good scheme and well worth doing. If you're in the Poole area then by all means contact me and I will sort a Sea Check for you or book one via the RYA website at

Paul Glatzel
Powerboat Training UK, Poole & Lymington & Aquasafe Powerboat School, Lymington,
Paul Glatzel is offline   Reply With Quote