Old 04 January 2007, 20:46   #1

Town: scotland
Boat name: tango
Make: looking
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
rip off uk???

in my search in order to save money and still get quality!with a little help from a freind we looked at russian bulit ribs.when i found a web site (which is not easy if you cant read russian) which can supply a 9mt rib for less than 10k! but the stange thing is that the boat pics are a Revenger! and yes it looks like the uk one even its badge. very strange i think.
Old 04 January 2007, 20:53   #2

Boat name: Emperor
Make: Scorpion
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 200hp
Send a message via MSN to Millermob
got the website address?
Old 04 January 2007, 20:54   #3
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
I wonder how many people got their throats cut by the mafia when they arrived with a flatbed to collect what they'd bought?

Suspicious? Moi?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 January 2007, 21:12   #4

too much 007?

i have asked for a quote for an inboard to be fitted (russian made one) when i get it i will be pleased to post it.
Old 04 January 2007, 22:49   #5

Town: south west
Length: no boat
share the wealth

any chance of a link?

edit = sorry, just saw above post re: awaiting quote. any reason you would like us to wait till then?

happy hunting
Old 05 January 2007, 01:13   #6

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by tango1 View Post
i have asked for a quote for an inboard to be fitted (russian made one) when i get it i will be pleased to post it.
A Russian inboard? What is it - ex Kursk reactor???
Old 05 January 2007, 10:06   #7

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
in my search in order to save money and still get quality!with a little help from a freind we looked at russian bulit ribs.when i found a web site (which is not easy if you cant read russian) which can supply a 9mt rib for less than 10k! but the stange thing is that the boat pics are a Revenger! and yes it looks like the uk one even its badge. very strange i think.
So.. go no.. explain why... "Rip off uk" ?
Old 05 January 2007, 18:56   #8

10k or 30k+ ???

1. i will post the url when i have found out what i need to from the makers. after all if they get a lot of emails from the uk about their boats ,i think the price might just go up a little and after all i took me a lot of time to just get to this stage.
2. why should we pay the british boat builders three times the money for a product that is the same and please dont say that british build is the best as we all know this is just not always true, we just like to think this to make our pride go a little further!
3. i was told today that i shall have more info by next week as it is their christmas this sunday so their sales staff had already stopped for their hols today.
4. but what i want to know is what has revenger got to do with all of this? as it is a revenger boat they show on their site.
Old 05 January 2007, 18:57   #9
alt

Town: Galway, West Eire
Make: Cranchi
Engine: 2 x Volvo KAD300
Send a message via MSN to alt
I smell... A TROLL!
Old 05 January 2007, 19:12   #10

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
1. i will post the url when i have found out what i need to from the makers. after all if they get a lot of emails from the uk about their boats ,i think the price might just go up a little and after all i took me a lot of time to just get to this stage.
2. why should we pay the british boat builders three times the money for a product that is the same and please dont say that british build is the best as we all know this is just not always true, we just like to think this to make our pride go a little further!
3. i was told today that i shall have more info by next week as it is their christmas this sunday so their sales staff had already stopped for their hols today.
4. but what i want to know is what has revenger got to do with all of this? as it is a revenger boat they show on their site.

They have probably just ripped off their design - since when have the Russians cared much for copyright?
Old 05 January 2007, 19:26   #11

from russia with love to codprawn! xxx

i take it you are not wanting to be a part of the modern world? what did they do to you?
is the boats maybe made under license?
Old 05 January 2007, 19:33   #12

Town: Liverpool
Length: 10m +
Quote:

as a builder over here. i will say british is best. and am sure other builders would be quite happy to say it too.

i have seen some of the crap that comes into the uk from other countries and some of it aint nice....

and who do you take the boat boat to when it falls apart????
Attached Images

Old 05 January 2007, 19:59   #13

in the name of pride! or money?

i did not say the word CRAP you did. i said " not always true" i will note sit here and bring down british builders.but when i want a repair done as i have done in the past after i managed to break my first rib the next mistake i made was to have the repair done by its builder! i was lucky i sold it on to a party that told me it would only get light use from there on as it was about to break again! 40 hours later. i am only looking at an alternative to the common and save some money, anything wrong with that?after all we use their gas in our homes, i hope it heats your home ok as imine is just fine.
Old 05 January 2007, 20:46   #14

Town: Chichester
Length: no boat
Quote:
Our economy is entirely different to theirs!

And if you like Russian engines just look out for the nails where there should be bolts!!!
Old 05 January 2007, 21:26   #15
pop

Town: Paihia
Engine: indoard yam 420 sti
you should nt pay UK prices unless you like giving your money away.

i dont think a rib from russia that you cant find on the internet or know anything about only that they look like a revenger is exactly the answer, do you?
Old 05 January 2007, 22:12   #16

wow what have i started?

1.you have not found it on the net. i have! and no i will not post the url yet as i have said in my past ( please read all not just the little bits you like ).
2. and to my freind with the nuts and bolts and to all us brits with so much pride , who was the first in space ? not us brits thats for sure we just had to hitch a ride from everyone else!
Old 06 January 2007, 01:25   #17
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Quote:
2. and to my freind with the nuts and bolts and to all us brits with so much pride , who was the first in space ? not us brits thats for sure we just had to hitch a ride from everyone else!
30 years after the Russians got into space we were STILL having to replace the pistons in their engines because they weren't round.

I didn't realise that £10k was hull only though.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 January 2007, 03:53   #18
pop

Town: Paihia
Engine: indoard yam 420 sti
Tango1 why cant you share the website? i dont want to buy there ribs, i have a rib and so do most people on here.

i think that your full of it and you could build a 10m hull anywhere for that price

PS This is not spacenet
Old 06 January 2007, 10:35   #19

Town: Midlands
Boat name: SR4.7
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mariner 60 EFI
RIBase
Quote:
I would rather pay more for a RIB that has been built in the UK or a make, that is built abroad, which has a good dealer network. I'm not saying british is best, but I would never fully trust a cheap boat from a little known russian boat builder.

Tango1, I don't understand why you can't post the url?

It just makes me suspicious, I recently read about a scam, where a fraudster claims he has found a product in a foreign country at a huge discount to the uk. He wants to place a large order, and asks people if they want to invest aswell. However the fraudster claims only he is in contact with the company because he is worried that the company will raise their price due to increased interest. Of course he takes keeps the money, and the foreign company never existed.
Old 06 January 2007, 11:00   #20

Town: emsworth
Boat name: the black stuff
Make: BALLISTIC
Engine: 2 x 200hp etec's
Just a question??? Can you tell me is it ce mark as I would be interested

The only problem you will have is paper work and shipping cost!! My guess would be 6 months for the paper work and £4000 + vat minimum shipping plus duty

It’s a long way away and not really a big exporting country so not that many ships to put it on

But still of interest