Town: Dover
Boat name: JJ
Make: Sunseeker
Length: 7m +
Engine: Inboard
Ribtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribshop View Post
Removig the whole jet unit from the boat will be a job and a half. they are held in with bolts and mastic, you will end up removing half the gel coat with it, you will be better off trying to remove the bearing housing along wiith the shaft as it may just be the seals and shaft bearing that need replacing.
Ok hopefully weather will be ok friday to do.
Will get back to you.
Will need various bits from you also.
Thanks for info

Old 24 November 2009, 12:24   #12

Ribtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribshop View Post
Removig the whole jet unit from the boat will be a job and a half. they are held in with bolts and mastic, you will end up removing half the gel coat with it, you will be better off trying to remove the bearing housing along wiith the shaft as it may just be the seals and shaft bearing that need replacing.
Hi me again

Had a look today and what a pig to work on on this model.
Have un done both ends of the drive shaft but due to the locators either end require 2 inches to remove the propshaft away to work on shaft at jet end. Looks like either need to remove jet unit away from transom or lift and move forward engine to do this?
Is this right?
Also is there anywhere I can get diagrams of the jet unit?
If this is the way forward how does the shaft come out the jet unit for the bearings?
Thanks again
Jules

Old 24 November 2009, 12:54   #13

Town: Horsham
Boat name: Knot a RIB
Make: Avon Typhoon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 25hp
Hi Jules - is this what you bought after finally selling the RH600 through eBay (apologies once again for not going through with the sale) - I'm sorry to hear it seems to be such a pig to get the jet unit sorted - hopefully you can get it up to spec in time for better weather - at least you're not missing much play time at the moment - will you be using it as one of your instructor boats ( I think you said you were a RYA Instructor?) or is it purely for fun and frustration

J

Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Knot Yet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2009, 15:59   #14

Ribtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot Yet View Post
Hi Jules - is this what you bought after finally selling the RH600 through eBay (apologies once again for not going through with the sale) - I'm sorry to hear it seems to be such a pig to get the jet unit sorted - hopefully you can get it up to spec in time for better weather - at least you're not missing much play time at the moment - will you be using it as one of your instructor boats ( I think you said you were a RYA Instructor?) or is it purely for fun and frustration

J
Hi J

Thats ok at least I sold it and the new owners are happy and ideal for the future plans.
Yes this is my new toy and for fun and frustration only. Not suitable for teaching use.
Got this which was to good to miss!
Will change after a while because not practical where we are and im really after a commercial inboard rib poss with cabin like a pacific 22 or similar.
How's your rib going?

Jules
Old 25 November 2009, 05:37   #15

Hi Jules

Looks like good fun and chuffed to hear your old RIB found the right owners eventually - I did agree to terminate the transaction - so hoping you got your pennies back - but if not then please do let me know.

As for our RIB - learning fast - have so far only managed three trips in her all on the Solent - excellent fun and more able in the choppy stuff than either of us currently

Have had hubby wiring up lots of gadgets - much to his delight ....not - and hoping to join in the Christmas trip on the Solent in December - will be an opportunity to see if everything actually does work that we have added and not short out at the first drop of water!!!

Looking forward to seeing how your new toy progresses and pictures of the Pacific 22 once you've found the right one

Take care

Jean

Old 25 November 2009, 07:04   #16

ribtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot Yet View Post
Hi Jules

Looks like good fun and chuffed to hear your old RIB found the right owners eventually - I did agree to terminate the transaction - so hoping you got your pennies back - but if not then please do let me know.

As for our RIB - learning fast - have so far only managed three trips in her all on the Solent - excellent fun and more able in the choppy stuff than either of us currently

Have had hubby wiring up lots of gadgets - much to his delight ....not - and hoping to join in the Christmas trip on the Solent in December - will be an opportunity to see if everything actually does work that we have added and not short out at the first drop of water!!!

Looking forward to seeing how your new toy progresses and pictures of the Pacific 22 once you've found the right one

Take care

Jean
Hi Jean

No did not get 8 listing fee back but no worries!
Your rib sounds good
Cannot wait to see how mine goes once I have fixed it!
Will keep you posted on outcome.
Have fun in December

Julian
Old 25 November 2009, 11:37   #17

Thanks Jules - apologies for the 8 - but thank you for the understanding - much appreciated - will owe you a few beers at the next Ribnet gathering

Take care

J