Old 22 September 2009, 14:35   #1
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp plus
Ribtec?

I saw this on flea bay and considered an offer, It states it is RIBTEC but I am not sure as I called Dorset police HQ as it was apparently one of their boats,

"Very rare opportunity to purchase this very hi spec ribtec. direct from dorset police the best put together rib i have ever seen

comissioned in 2000 no expense spared very very clean hull copper coated so no antifouling needed

huge hypalon heavy duty tubes immaculate inside hi grip surface massive centre consul with jockey seat plus 2 more jockey seats

garmin gps navigation raymarine speed/depth/temp/trip indicator plus rev counter fuel gauge trim guage icom dsc vhf radio linked to the gps

massive heavy duty a frame navigation lights working lights lockable storage and fuel cap inbuilt tank even the wiring loom like like a work of art and all underfloor.

Fitted with 2003 mariner 90 hp four stroke maintained regardless of cost very clean,hydraulic steering

sitting on a mint snipe super rollercoaster braked trailer with all new bearings and recent tyres etc

this really is the business fully ce marked px welcome car/boat/bike cash either way delivery possible"

Any one got any ideas about this boat and what is is now worth?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ribtec1.pdf (144.3 KB, 275 views)
Old 23 September 2009, 20:46   #2

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2 RIBS View Post
Any one got any ideas about this boat and what is is now worth?
I supose the first question I would be asking is why the owner doesn't even know what he is selling.

I am only a yachtie so don't really know much about ribs, but I recon it might be a Ribcraft.

Pete
Old 23 September 2009, 20:50   #3
JSP

Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7 View Post
I supose the first question I would be asking is why the owner doesn't even know what he is selling.

I am only a yachtie so don't really know much about ribs, but I recon it might be a Ribcraft.

Pete
What do you want on here Yachtie! Shooo with ya! Go on, get back to keeling over

It's a good looking RIB. If it was owned by the police wont there be something to prove it?
Old 23 September 2009, 20:51   #4
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:

That boat was indeed ex Dorset Police. I had (or may still have?) their tender documents from when they were selling it - i'll have look and see if it provided any more info. Interestingly as I recall one of the conditions of sale was that you couldn't promote it in any resale as being ex Dorset Police so I guess the person you are dealing with didn't read that either!
Old 23 September 2009, 20:53   #5

Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
RIBase
Hi it is most definately not a Ribcraft!! From the photies I would say it is a Northcraft it has the same lines as my brother in laws very flat accross the top and has the same cosul.
Hope this helps
J
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2009, 20:54   #6
CJL

Town: London/Oxford
Make: Ribcrafts
Engine: 150hp/2x115hp
MMSI: 235090215
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to CJL
Its definitely a Ribcraft console.

Not sure about the hull. If its a Ribtec on the starboard bow you'll find a hull ID moulded in reverse into the hull. The tubes look a put Ribtec ish.

With a 90hp it'll be a bit slow on a 5.85/6m

Chris
Old 23 September 2009, 20:55   #7

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
The name Alert rings a bell, I'm sure if was featured in one of the boat mags years ago with one of the Aquabells or Lochins that Dorset also use.

Not sure of the make of the RIB but I'm sure it is ex Dorset Police.
Old 23 September 2009, 21:03   #8
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
OK - I knew there was a reason I never empty my inbox! You're all wrong! I have found the pdf from a year ago when Dorset Police Authority were selling it (along with other boats). Here is how they described it:

2.3.1 Built in 1999 by RIBS Marine of Christchurch to design category C, the RIB has a carrying capacity of 8 persons or 1423 kg.
2.3.2 This RIB is constructed with V –hull of moulded GRP and inflatable tubes. The overall length is 5.45 m and breadth 2.27 metres.
2.3.3 The machinery installation consists of a 90 hp Mariner 4-stroke outboard. A mariner 5hp four stroke outboard provides auxiliary power. Control of the main outboard is by single lever control at the consol. The fuel tank is underdeck. The main outboard is fitted with Baystar hydraulic steering.
2.3.4 There is a single 12v battery. The electrical and electronic fit out includes Raymarine ST40 Biodata, Rev Counter, Trim Gauge, Fuel Gauge, Fume Detector, Garmin GPS152, Icom DSC VHF and light magnetic compass. An electric bilge pump is fitted
2.3.5 The deck is non-slip painted GRP with a small anchor locker forward and a moulded orange consol amidships. The consol has weather tight hatches fitted for access to the electrics and storage of gear. Aft of the console there is a drivers jockey style seat and 2 further seats. Each seat has a locker in the base.
2.3.6 Fitted with navigation lights and floodlights.
2.3.7 This RIB comes with a single axle trailer.
2.3.8 Known faults: The fairlead is missing at Bow.

One thing I would say is it would be wrong to assume that because it was a police boar it was all maintained at "no expense spared" as other boats being sold at the same time had significant issues, which suggested that this was not the approach in use.
Old 23 September 2009, 21:07   #9

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Woohoo I was right!
Old 23 September 2009, 21:37   #10
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
OK - I knew there was a reason I never empty my inbox! You're all wrong! I have found the pdf from a year ago when Dorset Police Authority were selling it (along with other boats). Here is how they described it:

2.3.1 Built in 1999 by RIBS Marine of Christchurch to design category C, the RIB has a carrying capacity of 8 persons or 1423 kg.
2.3.2 This RIB is constructed with V –hull of moulded GRP and inflatable tubes. The overall length is 5.45 m and breadth 2.27 metres.
2.3.3 The machinery installation consists of a 90 hp Mariner 4-stroke outboard. A mariner 5hp four stroke outboard provides auxiliary power. Control of the main outboard is by single lever control at the consol. The fuel tank is underdeck. The main outboard is fitted with Baystar hydraulic steering.
2.3.4 There is a single 12v battery. The electrical and electronic fit out includes Raymarine ST40 Biodata, Rev Counter, Trim Gauge, Fuel Gauge, Fume Detector, Garmin GPS152, Icom DSC VHF and light magnetic compass. An electric bilge pump is fitted
2.3.5 The deck is non-slip painted GRP with a small anchor locker forward and a moulded orange consol amidships. The consol has weather tight hatches fitted for access to the electrics and storage of gear. Aft of the console there is a drivers jockey style seat and 2 further seats. Each seat has a locker in the base.
2.3.6 Fitted with navigation lights and floodlights.
2.3.7 This RIB comes with a single axle trailer.
2.3.8 Known faults: The fairlead is missing at Bow.

One thing I would say is it would be wrong to assume that because it was a police boar it was all maintained at "no expense spared" as other boats being sold at the same time had significant issues, which suggested that this was not the approach in use.
Ok that appears to be the hard bit sorted- Is she a worthwhile craft and what price?
Old 23 September 2009, 21:41   #11

What are you going to use it for, hardly pretty is it. £4k perhaps if it has a trailer.

Personally I would rather have the yellow BWM that Leeway is selling. He doesn't know what he has got or its history , so seems cheap to me especially if he takes an offer.

Pete
Old 23 September 2009, 21:47   #12
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
What are you going to use it for, hardly pretty is it. £4k perhaps if it has a trailer.

Personally I would rather have the yellow BWM that Leeway is selling. He doesn't know what he has got or its history , so seems cheap to me especially if he takes an offer.

Pete
Well the e bay RIB did not sell at £7900 I think, am pondering another rib for safety use but not decided, just that one had some good points despite no docs with it. Guess on this far to expensive and will keep looking as have one safety boat but may upgrade this winter
Old 23 September 2009, 21:54   #13

Safety boat, how about the Pacific 22 on ebay, much better choice.

Pete
Old 24 September 2009, 08:05   #14

Town: Dartmouth
Boat name: TIDEL III
Make: AVON SEARIDER
Not 100% sure but i think these boats were built by ribcraft for ribs marine to fit out .
Old 24 September 2009, 09:21   #15

Town: Southampton
Make: ZAR
Built by Ribcraft and fitted out and sold under the name Raider by RIBs Marine.
Old 24 September 2009, 12:45   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerboats View Post
Built by Ribcraft and fitted out and sold under the name Raider by RIBs Marine.
Good grief, you mean it takes a yachtie to come on here and tell you all what make a rib is from some photos. Give the yachtie a gold star