Old 24 July 2003, 06:06   #11

Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
Am really just trying to get feed back on the various different makes I am looking at, i.e. Revenger, Scorpion, RibEye, Pro-Sport and maybe RibTec in the 7m to 8m range.

As to the jockey seats, I had thought that bench seats would be more sociable for family use, but am now thinking that jockey seats might be better for driver/codriver.

Old 24 July 2003, 06:42   #12

Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
Quote:
Originally posted by timw
I had thought that bench seats would be more sociable for family use, but am now thinking that jockey seats might be better for driver/codriver.
Hello Tim
We are a family of five, 3 kids and two adults. We have had 5 ribs to date and have had every permutation of seating arrangement one can think of. Out of personal experience , with kids, friends, people who have never been on a rib etc, etc, in my opinion the best layout for general cruising, zooming around, skiing, and whatever else, jockey seats with a rear aft bench seat is definitely my preferred option.
Something along these lines............

Old 24 July 2003, 06:53   #13

Charles,

Thanks, You've convinced me...and I'd like to buy that beautiful blue Scorpion rib from you as well please...!
Old 28 July 2003, 07:38   #14

I went out on a new RibEye 750 on Friday. With Force 7 and wind over tide over the Chichester Bar. The waves were huge, and I would never have dreamt of going anywhere near them in my (now sold) 25ft sportsboat.

I have to say that the RibEye was incredible, tackling it with ease, soft landings and we kept quite dry.

I liked it so much that I have gone ahead and bought the RibEye ex-demo boat, which was exhibited at the Boat Show and was produced after all the earlier problems they had.

It's a 2002 750 with a Yamaha 225 4 stroke, and comes with lots of extra goodies such as a teak deck.

I'm taking delivery at the end of next week, and I'm so happy to have been able to get a RIB before the Summer is over, and I shall feel less guilty posting here in the future than I did when I was a sportsboat owner.

I appreciate all the advice given

Tim