Old 12 July 2005, 17:27   #21

Town: Torbay
Boat name: Marlin
Make: PBS humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115 optimax!!
We have a diesel 6.5 ribcraft. She has proved to be a very capable comfy cruiser as well as being good to wakeboard behind. There are some pictures of her in the gallery thread "my new boat......banshee"

The boat is very well built and nicely finished. Just a shame work gets in the way of playing each day
Old 12 July 2005, 17:37   #22

Boat name: Thalassa
Make: RIBCRAFT
Engine: Honda 115 4 stroke
Colin i saw the Banshee! it looks amazing! i have a demo wit a 5.85 tommorow at 3 im very excited hhah. Is the ride rough since the console seems very close to the bow?
Old 13 July 2005, 19:27   #23

Town: Torbay
Boat name: Marlin
Make: PBS humber 5.5
Engine: 115 optimax!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopppywaters
Colin i saw the Banshee! it looks amazing! i have a demo wit a 5.85 tommorow at 3 im very excited hhah. Is the ride rough since the console seems very close to the bow?
Hi choppy

the boat is a nice soft ride, a very forgiving hull. The console position of mine is the standard position and it works well. The boat is nicely balanced even with the diesel engine.

Hope you enjoy your demo
Old 13 July 2005, 20:08   #24

Town: Brixham, Devon
Boat name: FLY-BY/FLY-BY II
Make: Ribcraft/Avon
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 175/Yamaha 30
Hi Choppy,

I have got a 6.5 "FLYBY" as well fitted with a 175 HONDA. Excellent sea boat. Rough weather Handling as A1!! There are some pics on the Ribcraft web site. It happens to be moored 2 boats away from Banshee "Hi Colin"
Very well built but be prepared for a wait! If they say 4 months think 6+.

Torbay & Dartmouth Powerboat School
01803 855508
The South West Premier RYA Powerboat Training Centre
www.powerboat-instruction.co.uk
David Hickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2005, 16:29   #25

heh yep the salesman said if we order it by september it wont be done till late spring
Old 20 July 2005, 05:53   #26

Town: Fairbanks
Boat name: Medved
Make: Solar
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50 Tohatsu
MMSI: 007
Ribcraftusa turn-out time

Choppy waters: How fast is ribcraftusa? I put money down on an aluminum hulled 6.5M last Feb (NOT an off-the-shelf boat for them, granted). Bottom line, after 3 postponements, it will ship (I hope) July 29. They are blaming the Mercury "anti-dumping" lawsuit, filed against Honda, Yam and Suzie, for some of the delay. Perhaps the blame is rightfully so, as the dealers I have spoken with are not expecting 150 Hondas till Aug, but I am getting a bit tired of hearing of postponements. Very nice people, seem very willing to help/discuss, but also seem a bit slow, at least right now and on a custom alum hull. Perhaps I am impatient, but it seems like enough time has elapsed, IMHO. Here is another small rub with me: If I have to go with a Johnson because no Honda arrives, it will ALL be on my dime. Again, I understand their not wanting to "loose money" installing a different engine, but that also translates to ME LOSING the money. I don't desperately want a Johnson, but I would like a boat; we freeze up in October, so time is getting short. Why can't we meet half way on the deal? Enough venting, but I wish things were farther along.
Old 20 July 2005, 12:28   #27
ADS

Town: Dorset
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklingel
Choppy waters: How fast is ribcraftusa? I put money down on an aluminum hulled 6.5M last Feb (NOT an off-the-shelf boat for them, granted). Bottom line, after 3 postponements, it will ship (I hope) July 29. They are blaming the Mercury "anti-dumping" lawsuit, filed against Honda, Yam and Suzie, for some of the delay. Perhaps the blame is rightfully so, as the dealers I have spoken with are not expecting 150 Hondas till Aug, but I am getting a bit tired of hearing of postponements. Very nice people, seem very willing to help/discuss, but also seem a bit slow, at least right now and on a custom alum hull. Perhaps I am impatient, but it seems like enough time has elapsed, IMHO. Here is another small rub with me: If I have to go with a Johnson because no Honda arrives, it will ALL be on my dime. Again, I understand their not wanting to "loose money" installing a different engine, but that also translates to ME LOSING the money. I don't desperately want a Johnson, but I would like a boat; we freeze up in October, so time is getting short. Why can't we meet half way on the deal? Enough venting, but I wish things were farther along.
Remember Johnson 4 strokes are rebadged Suzy 4 strokes, so dont worry about the Johnson name!!!

regards

Alex
Old 20 July 2005, 18:31   #28

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklingel
Choppy waters: How fast is ribcraftusa? I put money down on an aluminum hulled 6.5M last Feb
Not all that far out of line, I would think.

My Polaris aluminum was started in January, took delivery in mid-June.

jky
Old 21 July 2005, 01:21   #29

they said if i ordered it before the last day in november id have it near the first day of spring....dunno the date of that lol
Old 22 July 2005, 17:14   #30

Town: Ongar
Boat name: Argo
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Inboard diesel
6.8 Ribcraft Offshore

We have got the 6.8 Offshore, we got her the beginning of this season and must say its a fantastic rib. She has got a 170 HP Volvo inboard diesel and sits brilliant in the water. She is very high at the bow so tends to be a very dry boat. We have not had the chance to do any long trips yet but enjoying every minute we are out.
Old 27 July 2005, 07:14   #31

Town: Fairbanks
Boat name: Medved
Make: Solar
Engine: 50 Tohatsu
MMSI: 007
for jyasaki

I looked long and hard at Polaris, too. What do you think of their boats? They are sure hell-for-stout. Yeah, I guess the ship date (now Aug 12) is not too bad, as far as RHIBs go, but I am getting itchy. Curious to know why you went with aluminum, too. PM if you'd wish. I'd like to know you boat specs, cost, how you like it, etc. Thanks. john
Old 01 August 2005, 00:07   #32

Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4.8m
Engine: Mercury F60 EFI
Second year with Ribcraft 4.8 and the boat has been superb and could not have asked more from it. Fast, stable and great fun. Water-skiing and tubing have added an extra dimension. And my experience of Ribcraft customer service has been first-class. Friendly, knowledgeable and always happy to answer questions.
Old 02 August 2005, 12:25   #33

hey robert i had a couple of questions conserning the 4.8....how much weight can you pull on that(tubing/skiing/etc), Speed, Economy, rough water capability, etc. Thanks!