JIY

Town: Largs
Boat name: Spitfire
Make: XS850
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2 x 200 Verado
MMSI: 235905304
Ribcraft Quotes

Bit of a cheeky question this, but when Ribcraft offer a package price on a new boat, is it worth negotiating for a discount, or are their prices fixed?

Thanks.
Old 31 May 2006, 11:43   #2

Town: St Albans
Boat name: Skylark
Make: Ribcraft 585
Length: 5m +
Engine: 140 Suzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIY
Bit of a cheeky question this, but when Ribcraft offer a package price on a new boat, is it worth negotiating for a discount, or are their prices fixed?

Thanks.
Pretty much fixed
they have work coming out of their ears!!!!
Andrew
Old 31 May 2006, 12:58   #3

Town: helston
Boat name: pressman
Make: Carson 900
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 370 yanmar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIY

Thanks.
You could always ask, if they say no, you won't have lost anything
Old 31 May 2006, 15:52   #4

Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Yamaha
Ribcraft

hi there, the prices are fixed, but remember what you are buying is quality, they are superb, had one,a 4.8 mtr,, great experience, i did get a couple of things thrown in as i asked, oar holders and bilge pump, you could always up your deposit or even pay up front, might put you in a better position!! ask for Dorian!!
Old 31 May 2006, 18:19   #5
JIY

Town: Largs
Boat name: Spitfire
Make: XS850
Engine: 2 x 200 Verado
MMSI: 235905304
Thanks for the info chaps, much as I thought.

They have provided a very competitive quote for a 9m, either single diesel or twin outboard. To be honest, it's nice to know that the headline price is not negotiable. Leaves out all the worry about whether you've got the best deal or not!
Old 31 May 2006, 20:31   #6

Town: Nottingham
Length: no boat
RIBase
We just got a 6.3 from them. They didn't give us any discount, but if you ask for extra little bit they might put them on at cost. Fantastic boats as everyone has already said.
Old 31 May 2006, 22:12   #7

Town: Milford Haven
Boat name: Various
Make: Commercial
Length: 10m +
Engine: Screw / Voith / Jets
Send a message via MSN to Alex Brown
This was the main reason why I bought my Humber.

At the Southampton boat show in 2002, I went down with the aim to be seriously looking which I was at the time - It was between the Humber Destroyer 6m, and the Ribcraft 5.85. To be honest, a trip to Ribcraft to trail the boat back would have been better than the 10hr trip from Hull, but that's the way it ended up.

I went down with my Dad, and when we asked about the prices, we were literally told that they had too much business and therefore didn't need to give any form of discount. There wasn't really even any interest in trying to sell me a boat to be honest.... we both came away with the response "that's the 585 out the window then". On the other hand, Humber were very very helpful, with both specing out the boat, and getting the little details sorted - the primary thing here was that they were interested in the sale which was great. I know several people who own/have owned 585 ribcrafts, and I have used one from time to time down here too - they are great boats. At the time of us enquiring at the boat show, the response could have just been caught at a bad time or something, I don't know, maybe it was they way we looked
Either way, I don't regret going for Humber, cos now over 3 years in, the boat is running very well

-Alex
Old 01 June 2006, 19:29   #8

Town: Torbay
Boat name: Loupy Lou
Make: Yamaha 480R
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50HP
Just spent the day out in the severn in Ribcraft 6.3 what a boat! i WANT ONE NOW! Will be paying a visit to Ribcraft to look at the 5.30 and the 4.8 one of the best built boats I have been on! I can see why Roy is proud of his 585!
Old 16 June 2006, 22:28   #9

Town: Bristol
Engine: Yamaha
ribcraft

with out any doubt, Ribcraft are the finest boats i have come across!! even down to the finest detail, !!! you can even watch your boat being built. ive had a few boats now and they have really got it sussed!! it is definatlly worth the wait, (that does tell you something)
Old 16 June 2006, 22:42   #10

Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Sorry to say this to all those who didn't get any discount - but there is a little room for negotiation - if you get your boat built end of season during their quietest time i.e. order it mid - end of summer for delivery October / November you can get a reasonably good deal with them as this is a quiet time for Ribcraft (and all boat builders).

If you order earlier than that then forget the discount and think yourself lucky if the boat is delivered on time, later than that and your into their busiest commercial boat building season.

As said above - very well made boats and they are building them at maximum capacity most of the year - because of this they can sometimes come across as not wanting to help. If you want a salesman's tongue up your ass because he's desperate to sell you a boat - go somewhere else...
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2006, 22:55   #11

Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Whilst on the topic of Ribcraft - did anyone else try out the new 750 sport at RIBEX

Now thats a lovely boat - 7.5m length to eat up the rough stuff - yet you could throw it into turns like it was the 4.8m or my 5.85m - loads of seats and loads of deck space. looked fabulous with that flexiteak deck - tow frame as standard for the wakeboarding - what more could you want in a boat...
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2006, 09:20   #12

Town: New Forest
Boat name: Charlie Brown
Make: Scorpion
Engine: 275 Verado
MMSI: 235069179
Send a message via MSN to Zippy
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycruse
Whilst on the topic of Ribcraft - did anyone else try out the new 750 sport at RIBEX

Now thats a lovely boat - 7.5m length to eat up the rough stuff - yet you could throw it into turns like it was the 4.8m or my 5.85m - loads of seats and loads of deck space. looked fabulous with that flexiteak deck - tow frame as standard for the wakeboarding - what more could you want in a boat...
Old 19 June 2006, 18:48   #13

Town: Surrey
Length: 7m +
Send a message via MSN to Craic Dealer Send a message via Yahoo to Craic Dealer
Tried it out allright ... and ordered one! Roll on Sept!!