Old 06 August 2018, 20:25   #21

Town: Gloucester
Boat name: Lunasea
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzi 140
MMSI: 232005050
if a 585is too big / expensive and 4.8 too small - try the 5.3.
Can get double console andt 4 single jockeys.
Loved mine, until I got to envious of that extra half metre!
Old 06 August 2018, 20:27   #22

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakelandterrier View Post
..... try the 5.3.

......or the 545
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 August 2018, 21:54   #23

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Engine: Suzuki 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
That's a hell of a long sentence, but does it actually explain why you wouldn't be making the Highfield 5.9 high on your shortlist? If I was in your shoes with both a positive experience and a good financial outcome, I'd certainly be ignoring the opinions of a handful of brand obsessed people on the internet if I was sure I was better informed.
Well done ,someone read the post ,Ha Ha ,its a big push for me to buy Highfield again ,nothing to do with quality but i always felt my investment was being downgraded by comments that were based on the oldtimer british is best camp . something that i too do believe in , i also bought 3 new nissan pathfinders unti i saved enough for a new discovery , i knew where i was heading but i was also happy to take the stepping stones to get there .
i also question that when i bought highfield the dollar was right with the pound ,and many positive factors fell in line to make the ribs great value for money , i am not so sure this is still the case .
when you look at the 4.8 ribcraft the first thing i saw was seats ,ha ha the penny has dropped "it has seats it looks set up for family fun ,just like the highfield " most uk ribs at entry level have a one man one boat styling ,might as well have a jetski !!..
so i think we are going forward so if i want english and seats at a fair price ,then we can overcome the china challenge ,we were lucky because we saw what they had to offer ,liked it then lucky for us the dollar went wrong and gave the british another chance ......Will we take it ???
Old 07 August 2018, 06:02   #24

Town: Ipswich
Boat name: Click and Collect
Make: Valiant and Narwhal
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard
Ribcraft would do themselves a favour if they were to list some prices on their website. People like to know the cost. The sort of site they have produced is shouting click here and we will do our best to rip you off
Old 07 August 2018, 07:17   #25

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
Ribcraft would do themselves a favour if they were to list some prices on their website.........

That's the difference between buying bespoke & ready to wear, there aren't any standard prices because there aren't any standard boats. I doubt Ribcraft have ever made 2 identical boats, apart from the Olympic fleet.
Anyway, if you need to ask..........[emoji6]
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Old 07 August 2018, 08:33   #26

Boat name: Bluefin
Engine: 150hp
MMSI: Ex Directory
Quote:
Ribcraft would do themselves a favour if they were to list some prices on their website. People like to know the cost. The sort of site they have produced is shouting click here and we will do our best to rip you off
Very much a bespoke boat ............ but to be fair, many of the RIB manufacturers dont publish an online pricing structure ..... Ribeye, Zodiac, Brigg to name a few .............

However, the Ribcraft response to an enquiry is quick and detailed ........... I gave them a rough spec for a 5.85 and they came back to me with a detailed quote by email in a little over 2 hours.

Right now I am just negotiating the final detail ready for placing and order in early Sept.
Old 07 August 2018, 08:44   #27
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
[QUOTE=Bigplumbs;779168]Ribcraft would do themselves a favour if they were to list some prices on their website. People like to know the cost./QUOTE]

Given their success I suspect they would not. First qualifying test - will the customer ask them. Second thing being by not publishing prices they encourage people to spec the boat they want rather than the price they want to pay... ...leave people who want to build a boat to a price point to shop with Humber etc. That way you build a reputation amongst people who aren’t penny pinching, and are more likely to be satisfied.
Old 07 August 2018, 09:17   #28
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Ribcraft would do themselves a favour if they were to list some prices on their website. People like to know the cost.
Quote:
...leave people who want to build a boat to a price point to shop with Humber etc. That way you build a reputation amongst people who aren’t penny pinching, and are more likely to be satisfied.
I remember a rumour about the bloke who ran Scorpion - word was that back in the day he wouldn't build a boat for just anyone. Including people who were waving money at him. No, prospective buyers had to meet him face to face and if he warmed to them, he'd tell you the cost and built the boat. If he thought you were a PITA then you had to settle for a RIBcraft...

Old 07 August 2018, 15:17   #29

Boat name: Bluefin
Engine: 150hp
MMSI: Ex Directory
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
I remember a rumour about the bloke who ran Scorpion - word was that back in the day he wouldn't build a boat for just anyone. Including people who were waving money at him. No, prospective buyers had to meet him face to face and if he warmed to them, he'd tell you the cost and built the boat. If he thought you were a PITA then you had to settle for a Redbay..........

Fixed that for you Willk ......
Old 07 August 2018, 16:13   #30

[QUOTE=Poly;779186]
Quote:
Ribcraft would do themselves a favour if they were to list some prices on their website. People like to know the cost./QUOTE]

Given their success I suspect they would not. First qualifying test - will the customer ask them. Second thing being by not publishing prices they encourage people to spec the boat they want rather than the price they want to pay... ...leave people who want to build a boat to a price point to shop with Humber etc. That way you build a reputation amongst people who aren’t penny pinching, and are more likely to be satisfied.
Wondering how much a thing is, is not penny pinching.......... I is well wondering how much it is
Old 07 August 2018, 16:23   #31
RIBnet admin team

[QUOTE=Bigplumbs;779236]
Quote:

Wondering how much a thing is, is not penny pinching.......... I is well wondering how much it is

Wondering how much a thing is, is not buying it.
Old 07 August 2018, 16:30   #32

[QUOTE=Poly;779238]
Quote:

Wondering how much a thing is, is not buying it.
Normal people wonder how much an item is, Find out and if acceptable they buy.

Also for your information a Brick is not an Elephant just in case you needed something else obvious pointing out to you
Old 07 August 2018, 16:48   #33

RIBase
[QUOTE=Bigplumbs;779239]
Quote:

Normal people wonder how much an item is, Find out and if acceptable they buy.

Also for your information a Brick is not an Elephant just in case you needed something else obvious pointing out to you

Somewhere between £20-250k will get you a RC with engine(s), on a trailer. Depending on spec, engine, hull, tubes, fuel tanks, console, seating, A frame, deck layout, electronics, other bespoke requirements, time of order, state of their order book, phase of the moon, & whether Leo is in Sagittarius.

Does that help?

Or you could do what everyone else does that buys a new BESPOKE Ribcraft, speak to Jason, discuss your requirements, spec, budget etc & he will put you a price together. That's after he's done dealing with the other tyre kickers.
Old 07 August 2018, 20:09   #34

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
Rumour has it that a few of them keep an eye on what people post here

Astroturfing.......?
Old 08 August 2018, 15:41   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
That's the difference between buying bespoke & ready to wear, there aren't any standard prices because there aren't any standard boats. I doubt Ribcraft have ever made 2 identical boats, apart from the Olympic fleet.
Anyway, if you need to ask..........[emoji6]
can they do wheelchair access
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0864.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	126298  
Old 08 August 2018, 17:34   #36
RIBnet admin team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
can they do wheelchair access

I am sure they would enjoy the challenge, certainly Tom McLaughlin at Redbay spoke very positively about making one of his craft “accessible” for a client, when I met him. I get the feeling that bespoke boat builders really enjoy interesting and different challenges rather than mass producing more of the same.
Old 09 August 2018, 07:46   #37

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
When I started this thread 6 days ago, I was genuinely excited about Ribcraft changing the layout of the 4.8m. It's a small thing, but a step in the right direction and proves the adaptability of the boat.

With this thread already running to 8 pages with more tweets than Trump on an off-day, any chance we can get back on topic?
Old 09 August 2018, 07:58   #38
RIBnet admin team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
When I started this thread 6 days ago, I was genuinely excited about Ribcraft changing the layout of the 4.8m. It's a small thing, but a step in the right direction and proves the adaptability of the boat.

With this thread already running to 8 pages with more tweets than Trump on an off-day, any chance we can get back on topic?

Spartacus, this must have been more exciting for you than for others - but I will get the pinny on and feather duster just for you ;-)
Old 09 August 2018, 08:13   #39

Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
RIBase
Quote:

Well said and my apologies for my part in the drift.
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 August 2018, 08:36   #40

Quote:

yes it is interesting ,where was your photo,s in post one taken? ,wonder if they can do that layout for their southampton boat show deal !

Tags
rib, ribcraft