Old 22 January 2006, 21:03   #1

Boat name: Emperor
Make: Scorpion
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 200hp
Send a message via MSN to Millermob
Ribcraft

Hi

Looking at ribcraft at the mo would like some more info, saw the sport style at LBS with the built in bench and teak deck anyone know if they do it on any other model except the 7.5. And any other info on ribcraft as a whole would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 22 January 2006, 21:15   #2

Boat name: SOLD
Length: under 3m
Try the web site.
But dont hold your breath they are famous for not replaying being late on delevery etc. Good built boat very strong. I tried to order one about two years ago phoned seven times plus emails never got a reply
Old 22 January 2006, 21:16   #3

ok so after sales isn't that gd, well before sales,
Old 22 January 2006, 21:28   #4

Town: St Albans
Boat name: Skylark
Make: Ribcraft 585
Length: 5m +
Engine: 140 Suzuki
Yes they do. I saw it on a 585 at RIBEX
Old 22 January 2006, 22:17   #5

Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
My Ribcraft was delivered 2 weeks early and to date have never had an email left unreplied or a question unanswered.

I have sent an email today with a question about my pressure release valves so - lets see how long before I get a reply.

My best advice is to ring Jason at the factory and arrange to go and have a look round and witness for yourself the attention that goes into the boats they build.

They have a massive manufacturing building and always have 10 + boats on the go - so you can see for yourself every step in the build process from lay up to fit out.

I personally much prefer the clean and tidy production line that they have there with each part of the building dedicated to the steps that take place there. It seem far better to build a boat this way with plenty of space than a lot of boats you see built in a garage type building not much bigger than the boat its self.

And I can personally vouch for the build quality - My boat puts a big fat smile on my face every time I get in it - and I am over the moon that I chose a Ribcraft.
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2006, 10:23   #6

Boat name: Mr Blue Sky
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: E-Tec 90
My Ribcraft was 2 months late and they aren't the most efficient at responding quickly to calls or e-mail, but they eventually get round to it. Maybe I was unlucky, I know they were very busy when they built mine and had problems with the mould, but it was dis-heartening watching last season slip away.

When I finally got it I was (and still am) well pleased; it's a quality piece of kit and I can't wait for next season.

I would agree with Roycruse - ring Jason and arrange to look round their factory. I did and was very impressed with them; the whole set-up is very professional and you can see all the stages of the build of the hull, the toobs being made and fitting out and rigging. Jason spent a considerable amount of time showing me round, explaining everything in detail and answering tons of questions.

After-sales service is great, very helpful and efficient.
Old 23 January 2006, 10:42   #7

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
visiting ribcraft myself on saturday, have heard great things and nice people to deal with.
Old 23 January 2006, 10:50   #8

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
I've never owned a Ribcraft but I have driven one on charter a lot (200 hours), they are heavily built boats with a nice handling rough water hull. It was a 7.8 with a 200 Opti good boat.

A good indicator of how good a boat is how many you see for sale secondhand, check out Boatsandoutboards and compare the amount for sale with Ribeyes You don't see many Ribcrafts for sale and they do tend to go fairly quickly. So you wont depreciate the value of these boats as quickly as most other makes.

Ribcraft are definitely a class act
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2006, 13:36   #9

Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
A good indicator of how good a boat is how many you see for sale secondhand, check out Boatsandoutboards and compare the amount for sale with Ribeyes You don't see many Ribcrafts for sale and they do tend to go fairly quickly. So you wont depreciate the value of these boats as quickly as most other makes.
Rogue Wave...you really can't resist any chance you get to knock a Ribeye when you get an opportunity.

A very quick look at Boats and Outboards show 19 Ribeyes for sale and 18 Ribcrafts for sale (this excludes the under 4m Ribeye tenders which Ribcraft don't make, or new or ex demo boats)

I don't think your argument about comparison of makes of used boats for sale really stacks up, does it?
Old 23 January 2006, 13:54   #10

Town: East Grinstead
Boat name: Griffin, Pegasus
Make: 2 No. Ribcraft 7.8m
Engine: Suzuki 250hp
Currently got two 7.8m ribcrafts in build, we have found them to be very helpful, always replied to all phonecalls and e-mails, looks like they are going to deliver on time for the first boat. Really impressed by the quality of workmanship and factory set up. Have owned two ribeyes 7.5m , no end of problems !!!
Old 23 January 2006, 14:17   #11

Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
Whatever...mines fine plus a number of others I know that own them are more than happy.

Anyway the thread's about Ribcrafts, and I've driven a few and they seem to be excellent and tough
Old 23 January 2006, 14:40   #12

so is it a bit of a luck of a draw getting though to them, dad just rang, both numbers went to answer phone.
Old 23 January 2006, 14:51   #13

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
just spoke with mark there and got thru fine and ok

are you calling 01935 411 846, they have 3 lines and sometimes they might all be engaged

jason is on holiday so i will pm Dorians mobile number to you, he is another of the sales folks there for you to chat with, keep trying, well worth it.
Old 23 January 2006, 17:50   #14

Boat name: SOLD
Length: under 3m
I dont think any body could knock the build of a ribcraft, Its just that there is a point when people dont reply you think B------- and go some where else
How ever if you can tie in a penalty for late delivery you wont have a probleam. Now for your next probleam Engines only joking
Old 23 January 2006, 20:20   #15

No, its ok set on what engine, the new evinrude e-tec light weight 200, thats for definate,
Old 23 January 2006, 21:31   #16

Town: St Helier JERSEY
Boat name: Barney
Length: 8m +
Engine: 350 Yamaha
Ribcraft 750

Saw the 750 at the boatshow and was very impressed with quality, layout, and hull design.

I tried to buy it, but no one was interested. I offered to write a cheque, but no one was biting. Was told they'd ring me by the end of the week, but they didn't bother.

Frankly, if that's the pre-sales service, I'd hate to see what the after-sales would be.

So Jason and co - I throw down the challenge. I'll buy the boat, if you'll sell it!
Old 23 January 2006, 21:38   #17
ADS

Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTrader
Saw the 750 at the boatshow and was very impressed with quality, layout, and hull design.

I tried to buy it, but no one was interested. I offered to write a cheque, but no one was biting. Was told they'd ring me by the end of the week, but they didn't bother.

Frankly, if that's the pre-sales service, I'd hate to see what the after-sales would be.

So Jason and co - I throw down the challenge. I'll buy the boat, if you'll sell it!
I hate it when that happens, you are dead set on buying a product but its almost impossible to spend your money, had numerous trouble with a wide variety of products.

In Ribcrafts defence you do get alot of people at boat shows showing interest, many of which have no intention of buying, and are tube kickers!

Alex
Old 23 January 2006, 21:55   #18

Town: Near Weymouth
Boat name: Topper Up!
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Selva 50 Hp O/B
Ribcraft

Hi, I live quite near to Yeovil, so when I needed some bits for the Avon 4.7 which I'm trying to get on the water, I decided to just pop in when I was in the town. Well of course it was boat show week. The place at first seemed deserted, but it turned out that most of the guys were unloading a truck full of stuff around the side of the building. When I attracted someone's attention they came around and opened up the showroom and parts counter just for me. Now it was about 4.30 in the afternoon and many people would have just told me to come back when the sales guys returned. I actually had some very good and knowledgable service from the chap who helped me. I will certainly be going there again if only to drool over the kit on display!

As an aside my sailing club used to own a Ribcraft 4.? and 40hp 4 stroke. which gave sterling service even though it was badly abused by some of the most un-savvy powerboat users you'll ever meet. Eventually it became regarded as the bete-noir of the boats committee as it was constantly cited as a danger by local fishermen who tended to wade into the lake to within an centimeter of their wader tops then complain at every ripple which lapped unreasonably over them!

Try ringing during the week around mid morning as I've not had any trouble getting someone to talk to at that time.

** Kids in Toppers? ... Like herding Cats!.. But HARDER!!** :-))
westsail1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2006, 11:31   #19

Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycruse
I have sent an email today with a question about my pressure release valves so - lets see how long before I get a reply.
Mark from Ribcraft rang me today (Wednesday) to answer the questions I emailed to them on Sunday. He is very busy at the moment as Dorian is off looking after a sick child and Jason is on annual leave snowboarding.

If any of you are having problems getting through - that is why.

I can only recommend that you persevere and don't miss out on owning a fantastic boat because they have got a shortage of staff for a couple of weeks.
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote