Engine: Inboard
HMS Warrior would be perfect for your grand arrival

Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2007, 17:50   #12
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
The good old Thames would provide a great venue - or Milford Haven/Pembroke has stunning views and you can go miles up river. There are loads of pubs etc with their own pontoons.

codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 06:13   #13
Town: Far west!
Boat name: Vigilant
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp
If you pick the county you need, have a look on their Council's website and you should be able to get a list of places registered for civil ceremonies.

As I recall, I don't think you can actually get married anywhere that isn't covered by a roof - although, of course, you can hold the ceremony anywhere, but you'll still need to go through a registrar / church for it to be legal.

And the idea of a ship's captain being able to marry you is, sadly, not true !

If you go for the Pembrokeshire option, I'll be happy to provide some transport on our boat for guests if you need it.

All the very best,

havener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 07:47   #14
Town: Ayrshire
Boat name: Raven
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 suzuki
MMSI: 235040525
Loch Lomond

Tam Scott's hotel on the island of inchmurrin would be good.

A friend got married there a few years ago, they got thier own village (Dunoon) holy person to carry out the service. She was a fairly spherical lady who obviously had not missed to many dinners.

One of the group transported her over to the island from the mainland as a passenger in a 13ft fletcher speedy job, ....we all watched, waiting for it to go pear shaped/sink, the boat had about 4" of gunnel showing, however no problems .

There is a jetty at the hotel, boats are welcome as it makes up, I suspect a large portion of thier trade, very rib friendly.

You would have to check for legal issues relating to the ceremony as it may have changed in the intervening period.

The Hotel also handled it well.

Drunk Kilted blokes waterskiing afterwards..great day,if thats the kind of thing your after.
IBWET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2007, 03:20   #15
Town: watford
Boat name: The Bandit &
Make: Hunton Rib
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 8.1 Mercruisers
My wedding involved boats and cars as i have a love for both.
I left east cowes Marina on a Revenger and my now Ex wife in a Fairline Targa.
We went to Newport were we transfered to Cars and headed to Swanston Manor in the middle of the Island. Done the Business then went back to Newport and had the Jollys in the Bargemans Rest. Above the pub is a great function room. At the end of the evening the Fairline took me and the missus back to West Cowes. Now i wanted him to drop us of outside The Holmewood at Near Gurnard and swim in but the missus wasn't having any of the that.
As Newport drys out you have to plan the tides correct. By chance we done August Bank Holiday weekend in 2000 so i would miss the racing.
By the way we live near london so everyone had to travel to the Island and make a weekend of. Friends still say it was the best wedding they have been to ( shame about the marriage )
the bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2007, 19:33   #16
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Hope you still have the Revenger!!!
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 07:00   #17
Town: Copenhagen
Boat name: Nemesis
Make: CAPE 79
Engine: Suzuki 250 4 stroke
Send a message via AIM to Rene Send a message via MSN to Rene
Sorry for being out off topic.

But enough about the wedding lets see some more pictures off that extremly good looking girlfriend off yours.

Congrats on the wedding anyway.

Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 13:10   #18
Town: Malmesbury
Boat name: Gladiator
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard, Petrol, 50

I've just returned from a week in Dartmouth staying in an apartment at the Dart Marina Hotel. The hotel is very classy/upmarket and the Marina is right in front of the Hotel. Check it out and see if they do weddings!

There's even a bar as you leave the Marina which would be ideal for pre-wedding drinks beside the water.

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 13:14   #19
Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
Might be a bit off beat and logistically difficult, but the Tidal Thames could be a suggestion.

There are a few jetties you could use with relevent permissions (which isn't hard to get) and at all states of the tide you could get married in Westminster Abbey and shoot off in the RIB for your reception at Pont de La Tour or the walkway above Tower Bridge, or a capsule on the London Eye

Then you can leave with your new bride in the Rib and speed through London at night.

You can't beat that.
timw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2007, 02:47   #20
Town: Aylesbury
Length: no boat
How about, as previously mentioned, the Thames but at Marlow.

The church by the bridge is right on the river, is accessible via rib and there is even a slipway just next to it with a waiting pontoon!

Then, on the opposite side of the river (those not taking the rib across can take the bridge!) is the Complete Angler which will cater for the reception/party. (my brother recently had his reception there and it was fantastic). The Angler has its own berths on the river front, and the bridge looks stunning when they turn the lights on at night.

Just a thought!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	marlow.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	26731  

wavecrosschris is offline   Reply With Quote