Town: Waterlooville
Boat name: N/A
Make: Halmatic P22
Length: 6m +
Engine: Inboard Diesel 140HP
RIBase
What about a caravan storage place e.g.

Caravan Storage & Motorhome Storage: Surrey & Hampshire

I currently use a dry stack and whilst it is very convenient the jury is out as to whether the convenience justifies the cost. At the end of the day if you try one method e.g. dry stack and it turns out not to be for you then you can always change storage methods next season.

Old 13 August 2016, 15:01   #12

Town: Reading
Make: Mariah
Length: 6m +
Engine: Inboard petrol 190
Try Trafalgar Wharf. At the top end of Portsmouth Harbour. I was paying I think 79 pounds pm for 6.1m boat on a trailer. They have their own slip, but it is not usable at all states if tide. Have power and water available.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Old 24 August 2016, 12:55   #13

Town: London
Boat name: OCHI
Make: Zodiac Pro Open 550
Length: 5m +
Engine: 100hp Suzuki OB
Hi All, so the upshot is - after much analysis of slip availability and tidal access times etc and boat access times (rather restricted in some places) and required notice periods to get the boat ready. I have elected to .......... yep as many of you suggested - Dry Stack! Yep you were all right. On balance it makes more sense. Looked at Trafalgar and at Drivers in Southampton and a couple of others for Dry Stack and also all the dry storage and also the places I could keep the boat on a trailer (South Coast Group etc). In the end Southampton Dry Stack came up trumps and have agreed to a great deal where they will put it outside for 6 months, inside for 6 months and also store my trailer. Everyone I dealt with in every company where very helpful and tried to accomodate my needs. Portsmouth would have been a better location given I am in west London, but the Southampton guys where very flexible and come across as super accommodating, and the references from other boat owners using them where excellent. So I am Bringing the boat to them on Friday. Will let you all know how it goes and thanks again to everyone for your input and help. Best J
Old 25 August 2016, 08:05   #14

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxZulu View Post
Try MDL Marinas. They have 17 marinas all over the south east and west. Most have facilities for boat on trailer storage and you can visit any of their other marinas at no extra cost. Also, slipway fees are included as is parking. Cost is about 20 per metre per month but if you pay bi-annually in advance it brings the cost down a bit.

Cheers,

Steve.
Reading that am i right in thinking MDL store your boat/trailer @ 20m and you don't require a full berth?
Old 25 August 2016, 08:33   #15

Boat name: OCHI
Make: Zodiac Pro Open 550
Engine: 100hp Suzuki OB
Yes I expect so - though i think it may be more like 20 per metre per month. I looked at a couple of options and some where cheaper than tnhis. On trailer storage in Portsmouth with the Dry Stack guys was around 70 a month on the trailer (5.5m RIB), they offered free use of the slip but the slip was tidal and only available 2.5+ and 2.5- the tide. They did say they could use the straps to put it in and out at 80 each way, but 160 for each launch I felt was a bit steep. So with that said and young kids like me, my risk was I could get the boat in the water on a saturday and then not get it back out again and then have to wait around for the tide etc so it just was not viable for me. I could trailer it to other slips but they too can be busy on the nice days on a weekend when everyone wants to be on their boat on the same day. On the drystack they will also wash down the boat and flush the engine after every use so for a little over 2k a year I figured it was worth the price difference of hassle free usage and the boat out of the water with its cover on and they also agreed to "find a home" for my trailer too. Horses for courses of course and with older kids and more time and more flexibility on my hands I would have stuck to my guns of indoor trailed storage in Chichester. Hope that helps
Old 25 August 2016, 09:31   #16

Make: Bombard
Engine: Yamaha F50
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboss_uk View Post
Reading that am i right in thinking MDL store your boat/trailer @ 20m and you don't require a full berth?
daboss,

20 per METRE.
Old 25 August 2016, 15:35   #17
Trade member

Town: portsmouth
Boat name: Hullabaloo
Make: Humber
Length: 8m +
Engine: 225 Optimax
RIBase
Hi,

Glad you went dry stack rout in the end Hope things work out for you.

Steve

Tags
rib