Old 03 March 2011, 18:55   #41
Spammer

Town: Stirling
Boat name: Macaw
Make: Parker 750 CC
Length: 7m +
Engine: VERADO 300XL OB
It would take a lot of balls to start up a boat building company when the UK boating industry has been so badly affected by the current economic situation (worldwide depression)!

Hope that all involved have read the MCA Big Yellow RIB report.

You will need the services of a VERY good marine architect from Plug & mould work right through to on the water testing & CE documentation.

Good Luck.
Old 03 March 2011, 20:28   #42

Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchiguy View Post
Although dowdy is the joint owner of the company, dowdy himself cannot be the company by law can he?

I think technically he can be owner of a sole trader or partnership business. At the moment, he owns assets and is incurring costs in relation to that business, so I do not see how anyone can claim there is not a business, even if it is making no revenue yet. A business does not have to be set up as a limited company to exist.

I am sitting on the fence in the trade member or not argument tho... JKs law is JKs law, and as he wrote the rules, I think he knows how to interpret them, whether you agree or not.

and could not agree more with Biffers post... why not judge dowdy on the output and quality of his work... Biff - there seems to be a paid job going to review his boats

And dowdy - it takes some guts in this market to set up a new business like this. I was wondering what you had done with the Shakey moulds, as I had seen nothing on Boatmad, now I know. Good luck.
Old 03 March 2011, 20:43   #43

Town: oswestry
Boat name: have several
Make: own brand
Length: 8m +
Engine: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Harvey View Post
I think technically he can be owner of a sole trader or partnership business. At the moment, he owns assets and is incurring costs in relation to that business, so I do not see how anyone can claim there is not a business, even if it is making no revenue yet. A business does not have to be set up as a limited company to exist.

I am sitting on the fence in the trade member or not argument tho... JKs law is JKs law, and as he wrote the rules, I think he knows how to interpret them, whether you agree or not.

and could not agree more with Biffers post... why not judge dowdy on the output and quality of his work... Biff - there seems to be a paid job going to review his boats

And dowdy - it takes some guts in this market to set up a new business like this. I was wondering what you had done with the Shakey moulds, as I had seen nothing on Boatmad, now I know. Good luck.
The shaky moulds were a mistake,we didnt think so at the time,there was too much going on with them,like inner rooflinings,side pods ,two differerent dash parts,beatiful boats when finished,but to many components to put together to make it viable,there is an 830 half done if anyone is interested,all the moulds are now down in Hereford,the 830 800 and both 650s. The rib plug/mould is exactly what i want at mo,something simple and not as challenging as the shakeaspears and hopefully a lot cheaper to make,just to keep things updated,will be signing up as a trade member a.m. tomorrow,not into to causing grief for anyone.
Old 04 March 2011, 18:39   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.C. View Post
Dowdy, not only splashing boats but cant even be bothered to take out Trade Membership when you want to push them on the website. Just about sums you up.....
Never met you,never spoke to you,dont know you,assuming A.C.equates to Andy Crabb?If correct can understand the poisoned pen remarks as you are a follower of all things Fuller.Trade membership paid in full A.M. today.
Old 04 March 2011, 18:44   #45
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowdy View Post
Never met you,never spoke to you,dont know you,assuming A.C.equates to Andy Crabb?If correct can understand the poisoned pen remarks as you are a follower of all things Fuller.Trade membership paid in full A.M. today.
Assuming my detectives nose is working, no, that is not Andy Crabb but actually Adrian Cronk of Adrian Cronk marine engineering services. You aren't going to help yourself by making accusations like that.
Old 04 March 2011, 18:49   #46

Quote:
Assuming my detectives nose is working, no, that is not Andy Crabb but actually Adrian Cronk of Adrian Cronk marine engineering services. You aren't going to help yourself by making accusations like that.
My apologies,nice to know thine enemies.
Old 04 March 2011, 19:16   #47
RIBnet supporter

Town: Rutland
Length: no boat
Quote:
My apologies,nice to know thine enemies.
So any ideas on what the new ribs are going to look like etc anything you can show us?

Jim
Old 04 March 2011, 22:19   #48
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Assuming my detectives nose is working
Which it isn't, seeing as you're wrong.
Quote:
You aren't going to help yourself by making accusations like that.
Seems like it's a common malady.

I think I'm just going to block your school's IP range if you keep on posting like you have been recently.
Old 04 March 2011, 22:23   #49
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedajim View Post
So any ideas on what the new ribs are going to look like etc anything you can show us?
Give the guy a chance. He hasn't even got a mould yet!
Old 05 March 2011, 19:33   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedajim View Post

Jim
Big long white things with yellow tubes down the sides.
Old 05 March 2011, 19:45   #51

Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Big long white things with yellow tubes down the sides.
Old 05 March 2011, 19:58   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
Dowdy - Do you still want these brackets I've ordered in for you? I emailed you last week?
Nice to put a face to the name,thanks for above,please repeat same order for 14th april and 14th of may at the revised price,cheers and best wishes with the BEAST,have another nose when next down,MRS. D loved Salcombe,cost me an arm and a leg rooting all round them little shops.
Old 11 March 2011, 16:34   #53
RIBnet supporter

Town: Lymington Hampshire
Boat name: Hot Lemon
Make: Scorpion
Engine: Yanmar diesel
MMSI: 235
Correction

'Assuming my detectives nose is working, no, that is not Andy Crabb but actually Adrian Cronk of Adrian Cronk marine engineering services. You aren't going to help yourself by making accusations like that'

Just spoken to Adrian on another matter and A.C. is not him and he is not a member on this forum .