Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 26 April 2017, 17:36   #1
Member
 
Country: Australia
Town: Central Coast NSW (Syd)
Make: Chinook
Length: 5m +
Engine: 75HP Mercury
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
RIB from China - lianya-industry

Has anyone bought or used a rib from China - lianya-industry?

Luxury RIB Boat - Qingdao Lian Ya Boat Co.,Ltd.

There is a fair bit of commentary from folk with opinions on the topic but can anyone speak from firsthand experience?

I live in Sydney and imported a second hand RIB from the UK. It's been great and I'm seeing more RIBs on the water over here which is a great thing...I'm keen to upgrade but before I bring another RIB over from UK I thought I'd check on this company.
__________________

__________________
simon.watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2017, 21:36   #2
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.watt View Post
Has anyone bought or used a rib from China - lianya-industry?

Luxury RIB Boat - Qingdao Lian Ya Boat Co.,Ltd.

There is a fair bit of commentary from folk with opinions on the topic but can anyone speak from firsthand experience?

I live in Sydney and imported a second hand RIB from the UK. It's been great and I'm seeing more RIBs on the water over here which is a great thing...I'm keen to upgrade but before I bring another RIB over from UK I thought I'd check on this company.
Speaking generally about Chinese inflatables:

Their main two detriments are poor quality control and poor adhesive quality.

Fiberglass and resin is usually of acceptable quality, but their gelcoats tend to have poor characteristics.
__________________

__________________
Richard
Gluing geek since 2007
Opinions and intepretations expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 01:23   #3
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,078
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Avoid any Chinese made boat like the plague 👍
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 03:46   #4
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Iksal village
Boat name: C-Scanner
Make: rib520
Length: 5m +
Engine: suzuki70 df
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 202
Here you wont find opinions supporting chinese boats... being in uk with many local builders for good quality ribs you wont look for foreign rib..not to talk about poor quality reputation for chinese boats.

Desoite all of the above i am ordering my rib from china from haohai ribs.

As for liyanya, heared about them from few places. Their prices are above average but quality is also above average.
__________________
sameh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 04:10   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Make: Destroyer 5.5/Ring18
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 90HP/Yam200HP
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
Here you wont find opinions supporting chinese boats....

Aye and for good reasons ......
__________________
69cmw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 04:58   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Lismore
Boat name: Jinty J
Make: Rib-X 535
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude 75 Etec
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 42
As many here will know, I was suckered into buying a Chinese manufactured RIB which was marketed by Piranha Ribs Ltd, and shown at the London Boat Show. It was called a P550 Club Rescue, and was advertised almost entirely falsely in respect of its vital statistics.
That boat has now been disposed of, effectively for scrap and the engine (Evinrude 75 etec), has been fitted to a Rib-X XP535. This allows me to compare the two fairly.
The Rib-X is 120 kgs lighter than the Piranha as weighed empty, on the same public weigh bridge, on the same trailer and with an identical fuel load.
Both boats have the same overall length, but the Rib-X hull is 30cm longer, the tubes on the Piranha being massive in comparison and overhanging the hull at the stern by 90cm.
The difference on the water is startling, like night and day.
The Rib-X feels light, lively and responsive. It achieves 32 knots with three up and a full fuel tank (90 litres). The Piranha struggled to do 27 knots with one up. The Rib-X rides high, whereas the Piranha stayed low in the water with at least two thirds of the side tubes staying on the water when under way.
I am so pleased with the Rib-X and it was such a bonus to be shown around the Rib-X factory by Colin Baldwin the CEO, and see the construction of the boat in detail. Colin takes great pride in his products and it is obvious that he really knows his stuff, where designing and building boats is concerned.
My advice from bitter experience will always be, don't take the chance on a Chinese RIB, chances are it will be poorly built and possibly, as was the case with the Piranha that I bought, unsafe.
CJ
Click image for larger version

Name:	TOM_5864.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	119223
__________________
Ceejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 05:10   #7
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,078
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
The best people to take advice from are the people that have owned one and that no longer own one
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 05:11   #8
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Iksal village
Boat name: C-Scanner
Make: rib520
Length: 5m +
Engine: suzuki70 df
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceejay View Post
As many here will know, I was suckered into buying a Chinese manufactured RIB which was marketed by Piranha Ribs Ltd, and shown at the London Boat Show. It was called a P550 Club Rescue, and was advertised almost entirely falsely in respect of its vital statistics.
That boat has now been disposed of, effectively for scrap and the engine (Evinrude 75 etec), has been fitted to a Rib-X XP535. This allows me to compare the two fairly.
The Rib-X is 120 kgs lighter than the Piranha as weighed empty, on the same public weigh bridge, on the same trailer and with an identical fuel load.
Both boats have the same overall length, but the Rib-X hull is 30cm longer, the tubes on the Piranha being massive in comparison and overhanging the hull at the stern by 90cm.
The difference on the water is startling, like night and day.
The Rib-X feels light, lively and responsive. It achieves 32 knots with three up and a full fuel tank (90 litres). The Piranha struggled to do 27 knots with one up. The Rib-X rides high, whereas the Piranha stayed low in the water with at least two thirds of the side tubes staying on the water when under way.
I am so pleased with the Rib-X and it was such a bonus to be shown around the Rib-X factory by Colin Baldwin the CEO, and see the construction of the boat in detail. Colin takes great pride in his products and it is obvious that he really knows his stuff, where designing and building boats is concerned.
My advice from bitter experience will always be, don't take the chance on a Chinese RIB, chances are it will be poorly built and possibly, as was the case with the Piranha that I bought, unsafe.
CJ
Attachment 119223
No doubt many chinese made boats are low quality and probably no place for comparison with european made boats. Question remains if by the price difference you can get good quality chinese boat that will satisfy you! Also deoends on your needs.
I dont know pirrahna but x pro/highfield serms to do just fine.
As for mine, i can say when get it in a month and see performance. Friend of mine has one almost 2 years and very pleased.
__________________
sameh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 05:17   #9
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Iksal village
Boat name: C-Scanner
Make: rib520
Length: 5m +
Engine: suzuki70 df
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 202
In my area there is no local builder fir ribs. Getting one from europe means paying twice as local person will pay for same boat due to shipping and taxes.
Will be less reasonable buying chinese boat if you live in europe..otherwise prices may be worth compromizing abit asuuming getting fine chinese boat
__________________
sameh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 06:08   #10
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,692
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
The best people to take advice from are the people that have owned one and that no longer own one
You can take a Horse to water Steve.....

...Some will just stampede and Jump right on in though!
__________________

__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rib

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.