Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 14 September 2010, 08:17   #11
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
Well if distance is no problem then why would you not want to come to Scotland? You could do a lot worse than come to Argyll, some challenging tides, spectacular wildlife and scenery and loads of islands, beeches etc to explore. Try this place www.obanseilfarm.com who have their own launch site and pontoon. Its a great base for exploring, the Sound of Jura and Firth of Lorn are both easily accessible from the pontoon which is at the head of Seil Sound.
Wow. Looks awesome. especially the bothy! Now that would be an awesome ribnet meet up!! Group booking!
__________________

__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2010, 08:19   #12
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cl...the_Bridge.jpg
__________________

__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2010, 08:24   #13
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
http://www.gla.ac.uk/medicalgenetics...aking_seil.htm

very useful if anyone fancied it.
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2010, 09:32   #14
RIBnet supporter
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,789
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
http://www.gla.ac.uk/medicalgenetics...aking_seil.htm

very useful if anyone fancied it.
Naw you wouldn't like it atall!! :

You would meet to many of your Scottish ribbers if your were to come to our 'turf' sorry 'surf'

All joking aside I fully endorse what Puffin has said in terms of good boating ,sights, pubs, grub and slips it is hard to beat her on the west coast. But we do like to keep it to ourselves hence Polwart's comment.

J
__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2010, 14:07   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Leeds
Boat name: Bam Bam
Make: Zodiac YL-380-DL
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard, petrol, 40
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
Well if distance is no problem then why would you not want to come to Scotland? You could do a lot worse than come to Argyll, some challenging tides, spectacular wildlife and scenery and loads of islands, beeches etc to explore. Try this place www.obanseilfarm.com who have their own launch site and pontoon. Its a great base for exploring, the Sound of Jura and Firth of Lorn are both easily accessible from the pontoon which is at the head of Seil Sound.
Scotland... I love the place and the people and it's well worth the haul. I know it's nothing like the coast but in July this year I trailed the boat and stayed at Tigh Mor in the Trossachs and did four full days on Loch Lomond. It was absolutely brilliant and ideal for my small boat but the reason I'm looking for holiday places for next year is that the Zodiac is up for sale to be replaced with a more sea worthy Ribcraft 4.8 then I'll be up for taking on a larger range of coastal waters. So, ideas for Scotland are more than welcome. I might even get to meet Polwart! Cheers!
__________________
Bam Bam!
Alias. Fat Cap-n-Whippet
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2010, 14:10   #16
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Leeds
Boat name: Bam Bam
Make: Zodiac YL-380-DL
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard, petrol, 40
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
Wow. Looks awesome. especially the bothy! Now that would be an awesome ribnet meet up!! Group booking!
I agree... Fantastic... When we going?
__________________
Bam Bam!
Alias. Fat Cap-n-Whippet
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2010, 17:08   #17
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
captain p4vwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
Wow. Looks awesome. especially the bothy! Now that would be an awesome ribnet meet up!! Group booking!
ok paul i just nominated you... mr wikipedia... you could organise it when do you have in mind ?
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2010, 17:32   #18
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Lol

Cheers Tony!

I was only this morning on my way to work thinking of organizing a cruise, but closer to home and easy for everyone in many weathers, small boats, sibs and southerners included!

Early next spring to start us off. Menai straits with access at porth daniel. (would speak to prior) or many other locations near accessible from A55/M6. Travelling either NE or SW dependent on wind direction. If nice we get to morfa nefyn or llandwyn island for BBQ one way, or red wharf/moelfre the other. If awful we get to caernarvon or puffin for playtime in waves ensuring everyone safe and plenty of pub stops for lunches. Perhaps a buffet at gazelle. I know the landlady.

Promise I'll post over Xmas to organize for April ish.

Be good to get all out for fun and support. Then the next day if nice perhaps round island or llyn peninsula
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2010, 17:38   #19
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
yea on

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
Cheers Tony!

I was only this morning on my way to work thinking of organizing a cruise, but closer to home and easy for everyone in many weathers, small boats, sibs and southerners included!

Early next spring to start us off. Menai straits with access at porth daniel. (would speak to prior) or many other locations near accessible from A55/M6. Travelling either NE or SW dependent on wind direction. If nice we get to morfa nefyn or llandwyn island for BBQ one way, or red wharf/moelfre the other. If awful we get to caernarvon or puffin for playtime in waves ensuring everyone safe and plenty of pub stops for lunches. Perhaps a buffet at gazelle. I know the landlady.

Promise I'll post over Xmas to organize for April ish.

Be good to get all out for fun and support. Then the next day if nice perhaps round island or llyn peninsula
count be in paul thats a deffo
will get markq to come along should have his rib finished by then
so thats 3 so far
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2010, 17:44   #20
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
There does appear to be a lot from the midlands wales and north west ish that go to Anglesey, so numbers should be good. It's only a day trip for many too. So not too much faffing about. But steady Tony, let's not hijack the thread!!
__________________

__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.