Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 25 October 2011, 11:50   #1

Town: Manchester
Boat name: Spacehopper
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard
Rib friendly accommodation on/near Anglesey?

Hi all

Been browsing the forums for a while now but not joined/posted until now.

I am looking for some cheap and RIB friendly accommodation on or very near Anglesey for this weekend (though hoping to make it a regular booking).

As a bit of background, it is for a diving club with a 5.5m Tornado. This weekend we would have just 5/6 (well behaved!!) people on the trip and the accommodation would ideally have space for the boat outside. Would be nice if it was self catering and to be close to the water too.

We are also looking at running a much larger trip over Easter with 12-20 people so if anyone has any suggestions for this they would be much appreciated.

I have used Plas Darien in Treaddhur over summer which was excellent but would prefer something a little closer to the south of the island this time.

Any suggestions gratefully received as its getting quite short notice.
Old 25 October 2011, 12:41   #2

Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Hi mate, a few of us off here have launched at Chris's at Ty calch on the straits near Caernarfon and stayed at the farmhouse just up the road. Chris charges £15 for tractor launch (recommended) and the converted barn sleeps 7 + the farmer has statics on site as well. Also room for rib. Farm house £60 its new and clean 2 double rooms, 1 single room ,bed settee in lounge, shower and 2 toilets + if you fancy a night out on the town, the farmer will drive you to Caernarfon if you treat him to a couple of

p.s. usually if you launch from Chris's the next day he will let you keep your rib there overnight for free he is a very, very nice chap.

link http://www.boatlaunch.co.uk/default....ay&nodeid=1447
Old 25 October 2011, 14:07   #3

Boat name: "mr Jingles"
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: 130 Etec
MMSI: 235074968
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMW
Hi all

Been browsing the forums for a while now but not joined/posted until now.

I am looking for some cheap and RIB friendly accommodation on or very near Anglesey for this weekend (though hoping to make it a regular booking).

As a bit of background, it is for a diving club with a 5.5m Tornado. This weekend we would have just 5/6 (well behaved!!) people on the trip and the accommodation would ideally have space for the boat outside. Would be nice if it was self catering and to be close to the water too.

We are also looking at running a much larger trip over Easter with 12-20 people so if anyone has any suggestions for this they would be much appreciated.

I have used Plas Darien in Treaddhur over summer which was excellent but would prefer something a little closer to the south of the island this time.

Any suggestions gratefully received as its getting quite short notice.
Hi Chris, I have a phone number for the farm house I,ve stayed there my self it's a great place stop I will PM you later with it .
hadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2011, 15:41   #4

Town: Rosas
Boat name: Conqueror
Make: Valiant
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard 150hp Merc
Send a message via Skype™ to Courageous
Not on Anglesey but we're perfectly set up for groups of the size you are talking down here in Costa Brava

Home| Scuba diving Costa Brava Spain Mediterranean Sea

Special discount for ribnetters!
Old 25 October 2011, 17:40   #5

Town: N. Pembrokeshire
Boat name: Various
Make: RIBs & Hovercraft
Length: 9m +
Engine: Outboards
MMSI: Various
RIBase
I've stayed with these guys when working on Angelsey....plenty fo room for a boat and the owner is a Diver (ex Commercial).....Beautiful house, very warm welcome, very secure for RIB, very good rates, and the smokery food is great too!....I will def use again (I've stayed in quite a few places up there.....)

Best Smoked Fish and Meat from Derimon Smokery, Wales - Location

Sorry, link is for the smokery itself, but is same place.....think its had good reviews on trip advisor too IIRC.

Its v close to Dulas boats if you should need any bits /pieces.....very helpful guys! Also, short drive to Moelfre where you can get a decent pint /bite to eat and nice walk.....Moelfre Lifeboat station also worth a visit......

Also, as others have said, if staying mainland.....Chris Ty Calch is a great guy and also highkly reccomended

Mention that Dan from Razorbill recommended if you contact them (working for Env Agency when up there)....might mean I get an extras sausage for breakfast (their own smoked ones incidentally )

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...17306504953480
Razorbill RIBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2011, 23:55   #6

Boat name: Spacehopper
Make: Tornado
Engine: Outboard
Thanks to all who have replied. Some great look options which i'll be chasing up tomorrow!

Looking forward to getting back to Anglesey. Had a great time there over summer and its a beautiful island!