Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 18 March 2017, 06:26   #1
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Iksal village
Boat name: no name
Make: Zebec
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15 hp o.b. petrol
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 200
RIb boats having storage containers inside hull

Hi guys
Been seeing few RIB boats offering storage containers that actually use the space inside hull as a storage space and access from floor (seen that mainly in the bow area-see for example Aegean rib boats from greece
https://vimeo.com/148498775
but probably many more offer that, gommonautica of italy..maybe zodiac as well?)
I was wondering if there are some rules/special demands for this design?
I assume hull will be less firm if not done correctly or maybe more humidity penetration to the hull...i dont know..so what are the demands to get this done correctly?

I will be happy if anybody can give me his wizdom about that and if there is any written material to go to.
thank
sameh
__________________

__________________
sameh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2017, 06:41   #2
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,546
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
Hi guys
Been seeing few RIB boats offering storage containers that actually use the space inside hull as a storage space and access from floor (seen that mainly in the bow area-see for example Aegean rib boats from greece
https://vimeo.com/148498775
but probably many more offer that, gommonautica of italy..maybe zodiac as well?)
I was wondering if there are some rules/special demands for this design?
I assume hull will be less firm if not done correctly or maybe more humidity penetration to the hull...i dont know..so what are the demands to get this done correctly?

I will be happy if anybody can give me his wizdom about that and if there is any written material to go to.
thank
sameh


Most boats have a bow/anchor locker
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2017, 12:01   #3
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Iksal village
Boat name: no name
Make: Zebec
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15 hp o.b. petrol
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
Most boats have a bow/anchor locker
Talking about under hull containers that can be more towards the console not just above hull bow locker.
I should try to find some better exampme to show
__________________
sameh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2017, 16:10   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: N. Devon
Boat name: Nutkin Too
Make: X-Pro Defender
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard, Suzuki 90
MMSI: 235095884
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,367
RIBase
There are some with big storage areas - but they usually have fuel tanks in them.

Deltabayboats,Boats,Fish boats,Delta Bay Limited
__________________
Andy

Bude Dive Club - www.budediveclub.co.uk
GAFIRS - www.gafirs.org.uk
treerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2017, 16:13   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: N. Devon
Boat name: Nutkin Too
Make: X-Pro Defender
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard, Suzuki 90
MMSI: 235095884
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,367
RIBase
Duplicate post
__________________
Andy

Bude Dive Club - www.budediveclub.co.uk
GAFIRS - www.gafirs.org.uk
treerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2017, 16:43   #6
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,085
Some people got in a lot of bother for supplying ribs with very large storage capacity!

Most ribs store under seats, in the console and anchor locker only. Trends may be different in the med, as I think I have said before there is a lot to be said for following the trends developed by the locals - usually it will reflect how people actually use their boats in the climate etc...
__________________
Poly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2017, 18:58   #7
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,906
RIBase
Lots of RIBs have storage under the deck. It can be as Pikey says, part of the anchor locker, but can also be accessed from within a console or cabin. My cabin is partly below deck level - Coastlines are the same. I've seen Redbays with 500L storage below decks accessed via a deck hatch.

The flip side is you reduce inherent buoyancy - a nice thing to have in a boat with balloon sides....

If the boat is built properly, a bit of damp below deck is not an issue.
__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2017, 16:27   #8
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Iksal village
Boat name: no name
Make: Zebec
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15 hp o.b. petrol
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by treerat View Post
There are some with big storage areas - but they usually have fuel tanks in them.

Deltabayboats,Boats,Fish boats,Delta Bay Limited
Thats what i mean
Noticed your link is for chinese boat
__________________
sameh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2017, 16:30   #9
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Iksal village
Boat name: no name
Make: Zebec
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15 hp o.b. petrol
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
Some people got in a lot of bother for supplying ribs with very large storage capacity!

Most ribs store under seats, in the console and anchor locker only. Trends may be different in the med, as I think I have said before there is a lot to be said for following the trends developed by the locals - usually it will reflect how people actually use their boats in the climate etc...
That is interesting what you say..but if you can give more details to get me clearer picture..do you mean in meditteranean climate allows that and maybe more fishing purpose?
__________________
sameh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2017, 16:33   #10
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Iksal village
Boat name: no name
Make: Zebec
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15 hp o.b. petrol
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Lots of RIBs have storage under the deck. It can be as Pikey says, part of the anchor locker, but can also be accessed from within a console or cabin. My cabin is partly below deck level - Coastlines are the same. I've seen Redbays with 500L storage below decks accessed via a deck hatch.

The flip side is you reduce inherent buoyancy - a nice thing to have in a boat with balloon sides....

If the boat is built properly, a bit of damp below deck is not an issue.
Maybe it is my english..what did you mean by "the flip side" sentence?
With cabin starting underhull boat is closer to water? More pressure on tubes?
Thanks
__________________

__________________
sameh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rib

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.