Originally Posted by A1an
Care to share the polishing process? What paper, compound and pads?
I would normally do all the repairs and then polish but Biffer said to polish first and then repair and then polish again...
1. Polish hull with compound, the lambs wool polisher was best.
2. Feather out all the edges of the repairs with 400 Wet and Dry (used dry)
3. Use Acetone with a brush to remove dirt and compound etc from the repairs
4. Fill repairs with the correct colour flowcoat (Gelcoat with Wax)
5. We used my air sander with 320 grit to remove high flowcoat
6. 400, then 800, then 1000 wet and dry used wet.
7. Polish and the repeate steps 4 -7 until perfect.
Note, Biffer,s keel repair was first repaired with a secret formula as it was too deep to fill with just flowcoat.
Hope that helps